Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by DROB:
Whatever, he's better than Alex Smith.
No he's not why did KC LET HIM GO

KC LET HIM GO BECAUSE HE'S FRIGGIN 35 YEARS OLD AND THEY ALREADY HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THIGPEN! THAT'S WHY!
RIGHT A guy who started the year as an WR

Tyler Thigpen was never a WR, the reason Huard was not resigned was because the Chiefs have a clusterf**k at the QB position now with Cassel, Thigpen, and Brodie Croyle...

Exactly, what the f**k is this guy talking about?!

Someone is either playing Joe Montana's sports talk football or did a google search and thought Tyler Thigpen was Yancy Thigpen... Vet your stuff dude...

Dirty
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I can see Huard getting the #2 spot; just behind Hill and ahead of Smith...
WTF are you talking about one year contract means #3 QB

This is WTF I'm talking about...

Based off of their stats this will be the starting lineup.

#1 Hill (Career PR 90.5, Completions 64%, TD/Start 1.8)
#2 Huard (Career PR 80.6, Completions 60.7%, TD/Start 1.2)
#3 Smith (Career PR 63.5, Completions 54.4%, TD/Start 0.63)
  • sfgo2fivewin5
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erWill:
of course he is in the competition. You tell all your players that in the offseason.

EXACTLY.... what are you suppose to say "hey welcome to sf, dont worry u really dont have to try, just sit there and collect a pay-check" lol
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Dirty9er:

KC LET HIM GO BECAUSE HE'S FRIGGIN 35 YEARS OLD AND THEY ALREADY HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THIGPEN! THAT'S WHY!

Tyler Thigpen was never a WR, the reason Huard was not resigned was because the Chiefs have a clusterf**k at the QB position now with Cassel, Thigpen, and Brodie Croyle...
this guy was in KC camp 1st as WR then moved back to QB undrafted yes

Someone is either playing Joe Montana's sports talk football or did a google search and thought Tyler Thigpen was Yancy Thigpen... Vet your stuff dude...

Dirty
Originally posted by Dirty9er:

this guy was in KC camp 1st as WR then moved back to QB undrafted yes

Dirty

Dude, don't f**kin quote me and change what I say.
Huard is just another body added o the mix in case hill or smith o down, cause who else is going to come in Chris Weinke! Once I heard Weinke signed years ago I knew it was over for Nolan and the 9ers. Atleast huard has some legitimacy and capability, Yet I would not mind seeing Mark Sanchez drafted he can get the job done but only after Polishing him as a 3rd string QB
Why do we even keep Battle? He already has his "lingering foot injury" going on.

Jesus, draft a receiver and get rid of this guy.
With these QBs, even my momma would be in the competition if she walked on the field with a red shirt.

Singletary: [with excitement] Hey, Raye! Who's that in the Red Shirt?

Raye: [Bored] That's Joecool's momma!

Singletary: Aw man, I thought it was another QB. Shiat! Let her throw a few.

Raye: [With hope] Now that's what I'm talking about! Alex, move your stiff asz over!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
When he was in camp last year they had him WR In KC Oh my bad I look at all football not just the niners

LOL. No...
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A

That IS the way it should be but I think they will still give Alex a false headstart because he was THEIR draft pick and they want to justify that bad pick back in 2005...
-------------
I wrote this in another thread...

Is Huard getting a chance to compete for the #2 QB spot behind Hill ? He is obviously the 2nd best QB on the roster at this time. Just because the Niners drafted Smith at #1 in 2005 and they are still hoping he finally comes around and somewhat justifies that pick,does that mean he automatically is moved ahead of the better performer on the field during their careers (Huard). ( take that Indy,lol )

Originally posted by TOP_CAT:

That IS the way it should be but I think they will still give Alex a false headstart because he was THEIR draft pick and they want to justify that bad pick back in 2005...
-------------

Is Huard getting a chance to compete for the #2 QB spot behind Hill ? He is obviously the 2nd best QB on the roster at this time. Just because the Niners drafted Smith at #1 in 2005 and they are still hoping he finally comes around and somewhat justifies that pick,does that mean he automatically is moved ahead of the better performer on the field during their careers (Huard). ( take that Indy,lol )

You do make a good point (the "our pick" argument). Only way we will know for sure is if somebody needs to start in place of Hill. Who would Sing choose; the unfortunate kid or the mediocre veteran?
Originally posted by mayo63:
It will be Smith #1, Hill #2 and Huard #3 in the pecking order come opening day. No way Hill beats out Smith and Huard is only here to be the 3rd Qb.

I honestly see this happening as well, dont care who wins because whoever wins the job would be our best qb..right?

because they had Tyler Thigpen and planned on trading for Cassel. Huard was easily their most consistant QB when healthy. they tried their hardest to push Croyle out there to replace Huard, but Huard kept proving he was the better option.

-------------

Either way Huard has no future here and he is a 36 year old career back up so I don't get your beef. You seem to hate Smith so bad you'll even root for Damon Huard, and Smith in 06 was decent, so that's kinda pathetic. I mean dude, there's a reason Huard has never done anything. Huard has never started more than 12 games in a season and has only started more than 8 or more games twice. Sorry but he's a 36 year old journeyman QB who has no future here and has never proven anything really.
Originally posted by Smith2Davis:

-------------

Either way Huard has no future here and he is a 36 year old career back up so I don't get your beef. You seem to hate Smith so bad you'll even root for Damon Huard, and Smith in 06 was decent, so that's kinda pathetic. I mean dude, there's a reason Huard has never done anything. Huard has never started more than 12 games in a season and has only started more than 8 or more games twice. Sorry but he's a 36 year old journeyman QB who has no future here and has never proven anything really.

LOL, you talk about hating Smith so bad that someone will resort to rooting for Damon Huard. Did you know Smith's best season was still well below Huard's career averages?

Huard (Career PR 80.6, Completions 60.7%, TD/Start 1.2)
Smith in 2006 (2006 PR 74.8, Completions 2006 = 58.1 TD/Start 2006 = 1.0)

I think you may have it backwards (with the Smith hate line above)... Your homer factor appears to be skewing your view of Smith's performance.
Share 49ersWebzone