There are 239 users in the forums

QB Competition

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It will be Smith #1, Hill #2 and Huard #3 in the pecking order come opening day. No way Hill beats out Smith and Huard is only here to be the 3rd Qb.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Mar 20, 2009 at 7:44 AM ]
LOL, some of you guys crack me up...

Based off of their stats this will be the starting lineup.

#1 Hill (Career PR 90.5, Completions 64%, TD/Start 1.8)
#2 Huard (Career PR 80.6, Completions 60.7%, TD/Start 1.2)
#3 Smith (Career PR 63.5, Completions 54.4%, TD/Start 0.63)

Please let go of the Homer Factor...
Whatever, he's better than Alex Smith.
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I can see Huard getting the #2 spot; just behind Hill and ahead of Smith...
WTF are you talking about one year contract means #3 QB
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
No he's not why did KC LET HIM GO
Originally posted by DROB:

KC LET HIM GO BECAUSE HE'S FRIGGIN 35 YEARS OLD AND THEY ALREADY HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THIGPEN! THAT'S WHY!
Quote:
t will be Smith #1, Hill #2 and Huard #3 in the pecking order come opening day. No way Hill beats out Smith and Huard is only here to be the 3rd Qb.

You even started another thread with this baloney. Hill will start and Huard will very likely beat out Alex for #2 unless Alex underwent a lobotomy in the off season.
  • DROB
  • Info N/A

KC LET HIM GO BECAUSE HE'S FRIGGIN 35 YEARS OLD AND THEY ALREADY HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THIGPEN! THAT'S WHY!
RIGHT A guy who started the year as an WR

What the f**k are you talking about?

Tyler Thigpen was never a WR, the reason Huard was not resigned was because the Chiefs have a clusterf**k at the QB position now with Cassel, Thigpen, and Brodie Croyle...

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Tyler Thigpen was never a WR, the reason Huard was not resigned was because the Chiefs have a clusterf**k at the QB position now with Cassel, Thigpen, and Brodie Croyle...

Exactly, what the f**k is this guy talking about?!
  • DROB
  • Info N/A

When he was in camp last year they had him WR In KC Oh my bad I look at all football not just the niners

When he was in camp last year they had him WR In KC Oh my bad I look at all football not just the niners

Yeah cause you're so damn smart. You probably didn't even know Thigpen played QB for them last season. You thought he was a WR! LOL! HAHAHAHAHAH. Go to NFL.com, go to "players" located on the top of the page, and type in Tyler Thigpen. He was a ROOKIE last year and played pretty damn well on a crap KC team.

BTW....I know more about other teams in the NFL then you do about the Niners. So don't even go there man.
[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Mar 20, 2009 at 8:36 AM ]
Another 3 man QB competition? Great Don't get me wrong. Usually I'm all for competition, but this time I think the 49ers would be better off just choosing a guy and moving forward. Don't drag this thing out, PLEASE. Smith, Hill, or Huard will all need as many reps as they can get and the Offense as a whole needs stability at that position. I'm concerned that they'll still be wondering who the starter is by week three of the preseason because I don't see one of these guys drastically pulling away from the other two. Pick a guy and try to establish some continuity. He may not remind anyone of Montana, but I believe his chances for success will be better if he doesn't spend weeks alternating between 1st and second string offenses. Pick a guy or go get Cutler or Garcia.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I can see Huard getting the #2 spot; just behind Hill and ahead of Smith...
WTF are you talking about one year contract means #3 QB

Didn't JTO have a 1-year deal?

Aside from that, that was partly Nolan, but in Ninerland, ya never know these days...
Share 49ersWebzone