Shop Find 49ers gear online
^^ For the preseason games, i'm guessing that this is how it'll go:

Game1:
Q1: Hill
Q2: Smith

Game2:
Q1: Smith
Q2: Hill

And then whoever is the winner will start games 3 and 4.

The above schedule gives each quarterback a chance to play with the first team offense and a start against the opposing teams first team defense.

-9fA
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi said on "Total Access" tonight, He thinks Alex Smith will win the starting QB job.

That's the same guy who's been on record as saying he isn't sold on Smith or Hill. That's the same guy who said the 49ers should move up into the top 5 and draft Mark Sanchez. Not an attack on you, but I could care less what that Bill Belichick/Scott Pioli buttlicker has to say.

Neither Smith or Hill will ever do much and we SHOULD have moved up to draft Sanchez

So let me get this straight,you would trade away picks to move up to get an unproven QB that has only played one season in college,whose coach even said he was not ready for the big time...man you USC homers are hilarious.
49ers or Redskins maybe interested in Vick

Just a rumor.......whoaaaaaaaaa baby lets get him!!!! Screw what people think I want Vick here and So does Sing. I think its McCloughan's scary ass that does not want him and wants to hang on to Alex Leaf. I'm pretty sure Coach Sing thinks Alex is a p***y in terms as leadership and confidence after watching him over the years.
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

Just a rumor.......whoaaaaaaaaa baby lets get him!!!! Screw what people think I want Vick here and So does Sing. I think its McCloughan's scary ass that does not want him and wants to hang on to Alex Leaf. I'm pretty sure Coach Sing thinks Alex is a p***y in terms as leadership and confidence after watching him over the years.

I wouldn't exactly go that far! We'll just have to wait and see. Coach Singletary does not strike me as the type of person who will let others pressure him into a decision! What ever happens, I'm sure it will have Singletary's stamp of approval.
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
^^ For the preseason games, i'm guessing that this is how it'll go:

Game1:
Q1: Hill
Q2: Smith

Game2:
Q1: Smith
Q2: Hill

And then whoever is the winner will start games 3 and 4.

The above schedule gives each quarterback a chance to play with the first team offense and a start against the opposing teams first team defense.

-9fA

You know, I think guys will get more than one quarter, because I don't think Damon Huard is playing the whole second half. In fact, I'd be surprised if Davis gets any PT.
Davis signed a 4 year deal with the 9ers... believe me, he will get some time in preseason.
"He's (Crabtree) been working his tail off after the OTAs. He's been out here. He's been catching passes from Alex Smith. They've been studying, they've been working together, watching film. He's been running routes."

Anything to read into Alex Smith starting or coming in the middle of the year?

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=44466#ixzz0MfC1HoIE
Originally posted by global_nomad:
"He's (Crabtree) been working his tail off after the OTAs. He's been out here. He's been catching passes from Alex Smith. They've been studying, they've been working together, watching film. He's been running routes."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=44466#ixzz0MfC1HoIE

I think its great to see Alex working hard and feeling good. I hope he earns the starting QB job back again.
Originally posted by PTulini:

I think its great to see Alex working hard and feeling good. I hope he earns the starting QB job back again.

Dont you think its interesting that Ctree is working with Smith? I wonder why Hill hasn't been? Moreover, Crabtree must think Smith has a decent shot to start otherwise why not work with Huard or Davis.

Hehe... I'm really pleased to have read that, but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions.
(though I could easily see how one could)

Shaun is too busy working with the Starters.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Shaun is too busy hunting and fishing in July.

I changed that for you
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Well it's to hear Crabz getting in work with "Smiff"
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

You can drop your weak argument for getting Vick, Singletary closed the door on that ridiculous idea today in his press conference. Sorry,but if you wanna watch your boy, you'll have go watch whatever team is dumb enough to waste time with him. Your conjecture about what Singletary thinks about Smith would be laughable if it weren't so sadly uninformed. You wanna talk p***y,how about a guy that literally beats a dog to death because it lost a fight? That takes a real man to be able to do that. So if you think Smith has no heart, let's give you a 3rd degree separation of the shoulder then throw you into an NFL game, then we'd see who the p***y is. Smith is here on the niners because he is a niner at heart, he could have gotten the same money from San Diego if he wanted out of San Francisco, but he chose to stay, that is called loyalty in case you are unfamiliar with the concept. Luckily for us, what you want is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.
Should we read into the comments from Singletary that Crabtree has been catching passes from Smith this offseason? He certainly didn't mention that Crabtree was catching passes from Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone