LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

QB Competition

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Nice strut oldman!

Vick is not a quality QB as he wants to run first. He is not a RB or WR either. He is interesting because of his scrambling ability and that is about it.

Character does matter and the 9ers do not need a self destructing felon on their team unless he is a great player--Charles Haley comes to mind but he wasn't a felon, just a bit daft.

Actually Vick is not a felon. He is an ex-felon. But, most people who throw out that term to attempt to degrade someone who they do not know do so to dance around the real issue. I suppose that is why you and the Oldman make great strut partners.

Dude... once a felon, ALWAYS a felon. Go ask the Vickster if he can own a registered firearm or even vote. Can he work in a day-care center? a school? The accurate answer is NO. The Vickster is an EX-Convict and yes... still very much a FELON.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Are you out of your minds??? Vick??? Montana and Young are not even deceased yet... Walsh just gone... and you'd have them rolling over in their graves? Have you no pride and dignity left in SF that you'd bring in the felon-convict slime that is Vick??? Horrible... should be shot in the head to even consider it.

WTF? How dare you use Walsh, Montana or Young to disguise your pathetic posturing.

"How dare you..." ???!!! Who are you? The High Priest or something? I'll tell you what. I'm guessing that both Joe and Steve would agree with the Oldman here and feel that bringing Vick into this franchise would be a complete disaster. And, as far as Walsh is concerned, I've got two words for you: Lawrence Phillips - Walsh would be the first to tell you that was a mistake and that a low character player can cause real problems on a team.

No I am the one who is responding to those of you who THINK YOU ARE the GOD almighty. Who gave you or anyone else the right to judge another man who you do not know? You don't know Vick; but most who do including his team mates, others in the profession, PETA and the commissioner himself are showing support. But you haters have the nerves to speak on behalf of Joe, Steve and a man lying in his grave. That is not only an indication of arrogance, but demonstrates a dearth of character. And to equate Lawrence Phillips to Micheal Vick is just plain dumb.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Nice strut oldman!

Vick is not a quality QB as he wants to run first. He is not a RB or WR either. He is interesting because of his scrambling ability and that is about it.

Character does matter and the 9ers do not need a self destructing felon on their team unless he is a great player--Charles Haley comes to mind but he wasn't a felon, just a bit daft.

Actually Vick is not a felon. He is an ex-felon. But, most people who throw out that term to attempt to degrade someone who they do not know do so to dance around the real issue. I suppose that is why you and the Oldman make great strut partners.

Dude... once a felon, ALWAYS a felon. Go ask the Vickster if he can own a registered firearm or even vote. Can he work in a day-care center? a school? The accurate answer is NO. The Vickster is an EX-Convict and yes... still very much a FELON.

Actually you are wrong. He can vote in many districts. He can own a fire-arm to hunt in some districts with approval. Yes, he can work in a daycare center; he is in fact currently working with kids. if his conviction was related to kids, then you would be right. Moreover, pardons and expungements are often issued. So, before you chime in with your uniformed and quite ignorant opinion, I was suggest that you get some additional education on the issue.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Jul 25, 2009 at 18:58:11 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Please stop with the Vick talk, it doesn't belong in this thread nor does it belong in this forum. Any more discussion of Michael Vick and this thread will be closed.
Point is, if Mike Vick was a felon, than he still is a felon. Do you dispute this?

Unless you get a pardon from the Governor, President, or committed a felony that could be persued as a misdemeanor. You could then petition the court for a 17b motion after the terms of probation... which would then lessen the felony to a misdemeanor. Then, you could position for the restoration of firearm rights. It's a Federal law... no possession of a firearm for covicted felons. He was convicted in a Federal court... he will not have these rights overturned by the State. Looks like he's stuck with air/BB guns in only some states. It's also extremely rare for voting privileges to be returned to a felon. Even if some states would allow his rights restored to him, the Federal Law supercedes this and will deny him. Educate your own damn self, and remember the point in the bolded above.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please stop with the Vick talk, it doesn't belong in this thread nor does it belong in this forum. Any more discussion of Michael Vick and this thread will be closed.

Sorry about that, I posted before seeing yours first. I'm done with this subject.
l

[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 26, 2009 at 00:45:15 ]
Who do you guys think will start preseason Game 1?
Originally posted by PTulini:

Hill.

-9fA
I fully support Alex Smith! If he's healthy, I give him the edge this summer.

Well i say if Alex finally shows thats he´s got it, and so far it seems he does, then i definitely give him the nod over hill. How can you not, unless your just hating on the kid. But if he still holds on too long, seems uncertain on decisions, and still seems outright lost then definitely hill.

Ánd before you even doubt the kid, even hill said himself that alex seems to have more zip, more accurate passes, and lets the ball go faster than he has before as well. So if the kid shows the intangibles that hill has during TC and pre-season, plus uses his better physical aspects to his advantage then as i said you have to go with the kid. Because they have both played with members of the current squad, maybe hill more because of smith´s injuries, but they are both learning a new playbook, so no one really has the upperhand with the offense.

But a few days left and our questions and mindsets will all be answered.

my guess is hill starts game one, smith starts game 2, their starts are copared and we have a starter sometime between 2 and game 3.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

my guess is hill starts game one, smith starts game 2, their starts are copared and we have a starter sometime between 2 and game 3.

I'll be really disappointed if that happens. Sing said we'll have a starter come game 3 of preseason. It's important to establish a starter for some team continuity.
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Originally posted by mavfd9er:

I'll be really disappointed if that happens. Sing said we'll have a starter come game 3 of preseason. It's important to establish a starter for some team continuity.

?

But if WillistheWall's scenario becomes reality, we will have an opening day starter come preseason game 3.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by mavfd9er:

?

But if WillistheWall's scenario becomes reality, we will have an opening day starter come preseason game 3.

-9fA

I thought he was talking about the regular season. My apologies. . . .
Share 49ersWebzone