LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

QB Competition

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice strut oldman!

Vick is not a quality QB as he wants to run first. He is not a RB or WR either. He is interesting because of his scrambling ability and that is about it.

Character does matter and the 9ers do not need a self destructing felon on their team unless he is a great player--Charles Haley comes to mind but he wasn't a felon, just a bit daft.
Vick is clearly not as good as Smith or Hill....Vick is not a winner or even a good qb. He is a backup or third string rb.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Are you out of your minds??? Vick??? Montana and Young are not even deceased yet... Walsh just gone... and you'd have them rolling over in their graves? Have you no pride and dignity left in SF that you'd bring in the felon-convict slime that is Vick??? Horrible... should be shot in the head to even consider it.

WTF? How dare you use Walsh, Montana or Young to disguise your pathetic posturing.

"How dare you..." ???!!! Who are you? The High Priest or something? I'll tell you what. I'm guessing that both Joe and Steve would agree with the Oldman here and feel that bringing Vick into this franchise would be a complete disaster. And, as far as Walsh is concerned, I've got two words for you: Lawrence Phillips - Walsh would be the first to tell you that was a mistake and that a low character player can cause real problems on a team.
Originally posted by NinerNay20:
You all act as if the QB position is not an issue for our team. I am also hopeful that the best pans out with one of our current quarterbacks. But are you all really that confident in two guys who were beat out by J.T. O’Sullivan at any point in history?

Vick was merely a suggestion as to the opportunity to add a proven talent for the most minimal of risk. I doubt he will receive more than a one year contract for the veteran’s minimum salary. And it goes without saying that he will have to work his way up from the bottom of whatever teams’ depth chart.

But with that said, as a team with one of the shakier quarterback statuses, why not throw him in the mix? What can it hurt? If he still has it he makes us better. If he sucks we cut him like we did Jimmy Williams.

It's a non-starter. The 49ers organization has an election it needs to win in March so they can build a new stadium. Signing a convicted felon who funded a death-camp for dogs would not play well in the Bay Area . . . most people won't give a flying f**k that he's square with the law.

Not to mention he hasn't played football since 2006.

No.
SonomoNinerFan makes a great point: with the initiatives happening in the South Bay and in SF for a new stadium, Vick is just impossible. He'd be a public relations nightmare anywhere he goes, but to a place where teams are trying to earn public support? I don't think so. Not even to the Raiders.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Not a fit with this team. We have a running game. We need execution in the blocking, and passing and catching game on offense. Vick's a big play guy, not an execution guy.
TO: TTIME1

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Michael Vick is a better QB than Smith And Shaun Hill cuz you say so.... Yes my cultural mind is so enclosed that i do not understand that Michael Vick f**ked his talent up by doing stupid s**t like this... now if you ask me, the only person with Homerism is Mike Vick because of the stupid s**t he did.

I never realized Mike Vick was this great Superbowl winner. oh that's right he hasn't won a superbowl, in fact the only thing he has done since being drafted is winning one playoff game.

Now granted Alex Smith and Hill havent even been to the playoffs, at least Alex has only started one full season and Hill has yet to play a full season.

I didnt realize having a running back who can somewhat throw the ball is a great QB. and for you to take that post completely out of context only JUSTIFIES YOUR IGNORANCE OR ARROGANCE.

I also said i was just playing about him gettting an INJURY or what you cant read either????

U know and you saying that i dont understand his culture, so what DOG FIGHTING IS A BLACK THING??? that my IGNORANT FRIEND IS RACIAL PROFILING. I Dont believe dog fighting is a "Cultural" thing.

Ima a hispanic and it dont get no more cultural than that. So get off your high horse.
Dog fighting is not a race thing. It doesn't matter what color you are. If you like to torture and kill dogs, you've got a mental problem. You are at least a sociopath and at worst, a psychopath. And, if it doesn't bother you that someone else tortures and kills dogs, you are at least a borderline sociopath.

Just thought some of the posters around here should know what they're revealing about themselves.
Thank you BRODIE FAN For that definition. But anyways why the f**k is Mike Vick even in this thread?????
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Dog fighting is not a race thing. It doesn't matter what color you are. If you like to torture and kill dogs, you've got a mental problem. You are at least a sociopath and at worst, a psychopath. And, if it doesn't bother you that someone else tortures and kills dogs, you are at least a borderline sociopath.

Just thought some of the posters around here should know what they're revealing about themselves.

Right just like being apart of the mafia such as the Debartalo family was. We know what kind of tactics they use to get things done. If it's character and moral issues that some of you are stressing then you should not be a 49er fan because you a contradicting yourself.

Nobody is condoning what he did. Its more of he did it and paid his debt to society. But I guess Coach Sing was out of his mind to give him a second chance.

[ Edited by 49er4eva on Jul 25, 2009 at 11:48:28 ]

• indianajim
  • Info N/A
Yada, yada yada. So what about the competition between Smith and Hill? Vick is not a part of this discussion. Even Damon Huard and Nate Davis, though on the roster, are not a part of this discussion. Vick is not coming. Can we move on?
no vick this is not even his second chance he doesnt deserve to play in the nfl again
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

Right just like being apart of the mafia such as the Debartalo family was. We know what kind of tactics they use to get things done. If it's character and moral issues that some of you are stressing then you should not be a 49er fan because you a contradicting yourself.

OK, evidently your "argument" is that one should not be a Niner fan if they are concerned with character and moral issues. And, if that isn't stupid enough, you're implying that the Debartalo family was involved with the mafia I guess because they're an Italian-American family.

So, let's review: 1. You think the Debartalo's are part of the mafia; 2. You think character and moral issues shouldn't have anything to do with player selection; and, 3. You think the Niners should go against the overwhelming opinion of their fan base and hire a convicted dog killer even though they can probably cure any lingering QB problems they may have after this season with two 1st round picks.

I fully expect you to stubbornly stick by your arguments. Good luck with that.
I fully support Alex Smith! If he's healthy, I give him the edge this summer.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Nice strut oldman!

Vick is not a quality QB as he wants to run first. He is not a RB or WR either. He is interesting because of his scrambling ability and that is about it.

Character does matter and the 9ers do not need a self destructing felon on their team unless he is a great player--Charles Haley comes to mind but he wasn't a felon, just a bit daft.

Actually Vick is not a felon. He is an ex-felon. But, most people who throw out that term to attempt to degrade someone who they do not know do so to dance around the real issue. I suppose that is why you and the Oldman make great strut partners.
Share 49ersWebzone