LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

how optimistic are you for 09 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

how optimistic are you for 09 season

Originally posted by tidissis08:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are going to suck for sure. We are looking at a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2010 and maybe even a top 5 pick.

A 2010 top 5 pick is real possible.
every team starts at 0-0
10-6.

I actually came to this thread
We are going to suck for sure. We are looking at a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2010 and maybe even a top 5 pick.

Yeah but we can also win.The things is that I really think that our defense next season will be stronger. But im really worried about the offense.

Yeah but we can also win.The things is that I really think that our defense next season will be stronger. But im really worried about the offense.

The offense will be one of the worst in the league no doubt.

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.
~ A RB with injury history and if he goes down it's over.
~ No Offensive Coordinator either.

The defense is very overrated on this Webzone IMO.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ Defensive line is very suspect.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Patrick Willis is the best thing we have followed by Nate Clements and Walt Harris. But IMO this is not a very good defense overall. I've seen good NFL defenses. This is not one of them.

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Patrick Willis is the best thing we have followed by Nate Clements and Walt Harris. But IMO this is not a very good defense overall. I've seen good NFL defenses. This is not one of them.

You are a broken record. You said we weren't going to win a game last year. And now you're at it again.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Mar 5, 2009 at 23:51:11 ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

You are a broken record. You said we weren't going to win a game last year. And now you're at it again.

I just call it as I see it. And what's not true about those?

Teams capable of 12+ wins next season in NFC..
1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Panthers
Teams capable of above 500 next season..
4. Eagles
5. Cardinals
6. Saints
7. 49ers
8. Redskins
9. Vikings
10. Packers
11. Seahawks
Teams most likely to struggle and finish below 500..
12. Falcons
13. Bears
14. Buccaneers
15. Rams
16. Lions

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

I don't think the Defense is over-rated. We lost at least 3 games last year because of Romans bad coverage. Our pass rush is a problem but belive it will be upgraded in the Draft. And Haralson did a great job last year and just cant wait to see him next season. The only position I am worried about is NT.
~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Couldn't agree more -- niners will have a bottom 5/6 offense with Raye (which is when you Martz-haters will realize his firing was a huge mistake) and the defensive questions are still many. They will be thoroughly thrashed through the air (primarily due to the DL) while playing from behind most of the time while MS attempts to play catch-up by running the ball.

MS has made some very questionable moves since the season ended and has not made one big FA move yet...not sure what he's waiting for.

[ Edited by Sabrason on Mar 6, 2009 at 00:27:51 ]

7-9 with the NFC West being much tougher than last year, and us playing better as a team overall (even though we'll wind up with the same record).

2010 is the season when it all comes together for us!
Originally posted by Sabrason:
~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Couldn't agree more -- niners will have a bottom 5-10 offense with Raye and the defensive questions are still many. MS has not made one big FA move yet...not sure what he's waiting for.

You guys gotta remember we finished 4-1 last season. I know the competition wasnt great, but Sing had us playing well and winning games. If he can get us to finish 4-1 last season after the start we had, im sure after the draft and having a few new starters this season, we can finish better than 500 and hopefully playoffs

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Mar 6, 2009 at 00:27:06 ]
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Teams capable of 12+ wins next season in NFC..
1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Panthers
Teams capable of above 500 next season..
4. Eagles
5. Cardinals
6. Saints
7. 49ers
8. Redskins
9. Vikings
10. Packers
11. Seahawks
Teams most likely to struggle and finish below 500..
12. Falcons
13. Bears
14. Buccaneers
15. Rams
16. Lions

the falcons will struggle? i would switch us and them... honestly we have a pretty brutal schedule and are still another year of development (and an effing QB) away from anything above 500. I want to see my niners win as much as the next guy, and i feel it'll happen soon... but... pending a great draft for NEEDS, i don't see us being the dark horse for a playoff run we supposedly should be. But hey, superbowl would be nice eh?
It all hinges on some key guys turning it on.

Manny Lawson comes back 100%

Kentwan Balmer starts to come into his own and gets on the field on 1st and second
downs.

Morgan needs to skate the sophmore slump and QUIT LYING ON THE LOCKERROOM FLOOR

Jason Hill is needs to be utalized, he runs smooth routes.

David Baas pulls his weight

Chilo Rachal is for real.

Goldson stays healthy for a year

We get an rookie who makes an impact

Sean Hill is who (half of us) think he is.

Alex Smith is who (the other half) think he is.

Basically, if two thirds of these things come to pass we will go deep in the playoffs.
I don't share the pessimism...we came pretty darn close to the playoffs a year ago with a lesser team than the one Singletary will field this season. It's true, the whole division should be better...I expect a tough fight, but I see no reason we can't end up on top. All the things mentioned as detriments are fixable...some have already been addressed in FA. Yes, some players will have to step up...under Singletary's leadership, I believe they will. The infusion of new players will up the competition...which is good. Singletary knows what he wants...and he's going to get it, one way or another. He and McCloughan will have to nail the draft...maybe make a smart trade or two to get the right players. Again, whatever it takes. There's a new sense of purpose with this team...and Singletary's leading the charge. Jed York's been a positive influence...and that'll increase as he grows into his role as team President. So, while I know there's a lot of work ahead, I also feel Singletary will get his team to play together. They'll play smarter and harder than last year...which is what it'll take to win the division.
Share 49ersWebzone