LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Jonas Jennings @ RT in 09'???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After the first regular season game, title will read...

"Jonas Jennings on IR in '09"

*looks at watch 'til JJ is injured yet again*
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

This assumes he can make it through training camp.
Since we are going to a more powerful and conservative game plan, I WANT the 49ers to bring back Jennings at a reduced price, of course.

Jennings is injury prone but how many games has Alex Smith, Arnaz Battle, Manny Lawson and Dashon Goldson missed due to injuries.

The fact is, Jennings is what we need if we want to run the ball. Let's hope he restructures.
Originally posted by yoda76:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

This assumes he can make it through training camp.

You may be right, he may not even reach pre-season games. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Since we are going to a more powerful and conservative game plan, I WANT the 49ers to bring back Jennings at a reduced price, of course.

Jennings is injury prone but how many games has Alex Smith, Arnaz Battle, Manny Lawson and Dashon Goldson missed due to injuries.

The fact is, Jennings is what we need if we want to run the ball. Let's hope he restructures.

Exactly
Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing him back with an incentive based contract. I'd feel safe having Staley, Jennings, Snyder, and Sims/Rookie as our tackle depth.
I would rather be 1 play away from starting Snyder than 1 play away from starting Barry Simms.

We definitely need a RT.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
JJ is solid when he's healthy, probably one of the leading tackles. But, he never stays healthy!

Yup!

Thats the thing about Jonas, he is pretty damn good.... when he is healthy!

The problem is that he always goes on IR with a bruised vagina.

Lawl
  • ASHYLARRY51
  • Info N/A
Quote:
Yup!

Thats the thing about Jonas, he is pretty damn good.... when he is healthy!

The problem is that he always goes on IR with a bruised vagina.

LOL...i agree he is a good RT WHEN HEALTHY but i guess if were going to give alex smith a second chance why not jonas jennings....with this in mind jonas is a bruised vagina....possibly baking bread between his jock strap LOL
Jennings and Rachal would be pretty brutal on running plays - but Jennings has to stay healthy and he hasn't ever shown he can do that - I hope this year he can turn that around.

• BigMix
  • Info N/A
As long as JJ gets that contract re-worked I'm all for him coming back. Staying healthy is always the major concern but maybe he was doing that to because of his beef with Nolan. Sing has a way with the players and hopefully can breath new life intoo JJ. It's alot to ask but i'd rather spend our 1rd pick on a pass rushing OLB or grab Mark Sanchez if available.
Is this a contract year for jennings, because if it is we might have hope.....

I thought I read from one of the Matts that Jennings restructured his contract already?
Well at least we can have some fun with it. We could start a over/under on when he'll hit IR. Before the season...or during which week of the season. This could be fun. Maybe we could also pick up PACE since he's been released from the rams. We could have them play every other game since both would only play half the season anyway. OR...Start Pace for the first 8, then JJ for the remaining....all while grooming A.Smith for next year.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Well at least we can have some fun with it. We could start a over/under on when he'll hit IR. Before the season...or during which week of the season. This could be fun. Maybe we could also pick up PACE since he's been released from the rams. We could have them play every other game since both would only play half the season anyway. OR...Start Pace for the first 8, then JJ for the remaining....all while grooming A.Smith for next year.

What are the odds on JJ getting injured reading the play book? Put me down for $500.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Nevermind, he'll hurt his pinky on the first day of camp, what was I thinking even considering the fact that Jennings could stay healthy...

He'll hurt his hand signing his restructured deal. See you on the I.R. JJ.
Share 49ersWebzone