There are 210 users in the forums

Moran Norris, Irony, and NinerTalk

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last August, I started a "Moran Norris Tribute" thread. It was in honor or Moran, whom I believe was essential to Gore's massive success in 2006. The post had a pretty picture, similar or exactly like the one below.

You know what kind of response I got back then? Some positive support, but mostly a lot of "meh's" and truly negative stuff, like "cut the bum" and "time to take out the trash." Norris was then seen as an over-the-hill veteran FB who had nothing left to offer.

I only bring this up because the Zone has put up 8 pages of Moran-worship in NinerTalk over the last 24 hours. Hilarious.

LINK-age.

So what did we learn today, Vets?

• No matter who the 49ers sign via Free Agency, that player has "potential" to be a true "impact player," even if Zoners were hating on him a year ago.
• The Zone has little allegiance to non-skill position players like Norris.
• Jim Hostler made everyone look bad in 2007.

That is all.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Mar 7, 2009 at 02:32:22 ]
like i have said in ninert alk when people get on their soap boxes and tell EVERYONE i told you so, you were wrong.

how many peopl eare on the zone? okay 20 people say their opinion. 5 liked him, but couldn't care either way, 5 wanted him gone, 5 wanted him to stay, 5 had little opinion but thought we could do better.

now put that 20 up to how many people ar on the zone.

I like Moran, but you must be in search of this.
this is what i find difficult to understand about the majority of the webzone.

If they're not going to the pro-bowl, then they're immediately expendable. I get the feeling that some people just want to play musical chairs at positions till one player magically turns into a pro-bowler. ie. bring this guy in, bring him in..he can do this, this and this etc. etc. Most people say this with little to no regard about the intangibles - locker room presence, work ethic, leadership qualities etc. They will look at stats, but never beyond them.

Like you mentioned, Moran Norris is a great example.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

If they're not going to the pro-bowl, then they're immediately expendable. I get the feeling that some people just want to play musical chairs at positions till one player magically turns into a pro-bowler. ie. bring this guy in, bring him in..he can do this, this and this etc. etc. Most people say this with little to no regard about the intangibles - locker room presence, work ethic, leadership qualities etc. They will look at stats, but never beyond them.

-9fA

That was exactly my point.
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:

Idk about everyone else but I was really upset when they released Norris cus the guy is solid.
NinerTalk at it's finest
Meh...

J/K

• Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Last August, I started a "Moran Norris Tribute" thread. It was in honor or Moran, whom I believe was essential to Gore's massive success in 2006. The post had a pretty picture, similar or exactly like the one below.

You know what kind of response I got back then? Some positive support, but mostly a lot of "meh's" and truly negative stuff, like "cut the bum" and "time to take out the trash." Norris was then seen as an over-the-hill veteran FB who had nothing left to offer.

I only bring this up because the Zone has put up 8 pages of Moran-worship in NinerTalk over the last 24 hours. Hilarious.

LINK-age.

• No matter who the 49ers sign via Free Agency, that player has "potential" to be a true "impact player," even if Zoners were hating on him a year ago.
• The Zone has little allegiance to a non-skill position player on the 49ers like Norris.

That is all.

Can I post this in Niner Talk? This s**t is hilarious.
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

LINK-age.

• The Zone has little allegiance to a non-skill position player on the 49ers like Norris.

That is all.

Can I post this in Niner Talk? This s**t is hilarious.

Sure. Move the thread!
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

There's a simple answer for that, so much of the Zone lives in magical Madden-land where continuity, stability, leadership, and all the intangibles of football have absolutely no bearing whatsoever.
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:

is that a special olympics medal? hehehe....

i have a joke, it's not mine so dont hate me....and just to put this in perspective. I have a cousin who suffers from autism....

that said...

what's better than winning the Gold at the special olympics?

not being retarded.....
Share 49ersWebzone