LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
When the trade does happen to some expansion team to be named later, thank you - Mark Roman - for your years of service but an upgrade to the position has been obvious for a year now.

I agree. I want him not to start as much as anyone here, and laughed when I heard he wanted out. Yet, I can't help but think that he isn't the WORST free safety in the NFL. There are plenty of things he does, and does well. I just think that we need someone better.

Plenty of other teams out there have major issues that he could do a great job filling their needs.

Draft pick....
So will prob get like a bag of chips for him right?
This guy will be the most seeked Safety in the league
i can imagine the phone ringing of the hook already
hahahaha
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would trade him for a used tread mill.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Mark Roman, Alex Smith and a 2nd round pick to denver for Culter....does that sound kinda fair?
Originally posted by BY97:
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/

im gona quote Ari Gold..........Mark Roman this message is for you and in case your ears are f**ked......GET THE f**k OUT!!!!!!!!!! AND ANYONE ELSE CAN FOLLOW
I LOVE THAT SCENE IN ENTOURAGE
Originally posted by JMC52:
Mark Roman, Alex Smith and a 2nd round pick to denver for Culter....does that sound kinda fair?

I don't see why everybody is saying goodbye to Roman.

Hate to break the news, but he'll be here next year.

He's given the opportunity to seek a trade b/c he wants to start. That means another team has to:

1) want him to be their starter.
2) want him bad enough to give up a draft pick for him.

Best case scenario is we get a sixth round pick or a poor to marginal player for him, but that's unlikely.

He'll be backing up Goldson next year (and starting next year when Goldson gets hurt again to boot).
Originally posted by ritchie:
I can see Mike Nolan wanting him.
A classic case of inflated self-worth; delusions, not of grandeur, but simple competence. Athletes have never been the best judges of their own performance. This is obvious with Roman. Either the coaches told him his time had passed, or he saw the writing on the wall and refused to believe it. If he thinks he can start elsewhere, more power to him and ADIOS!
Originally posted by BY97:
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/

Dont let the door hit you on your way out! just pretend its a football and im sure it wont hit you

Damn...he was a 2nd round pick?
I'll help him pack his stuff and drive him to the airport
[quote=PopeyeJonesing
I don't see why everybody is saying goodbye to Roman.

Hate to break the news, but he'll be here next year.

He's given the opportunity to seek a trade b/c he wants to start. That means another team has to:

1) want him to be their starter.
2) want him bad enough to give up a draft pick for him.

Best case scenario is we get a sixth round pick or a poor to marginal player for him, but that's unlikely.

He'll be backing up Goldson next year (and starting next year when Goldson gets hurt again to boot).
You totally beat me to it. I hope Goldson does well,not just practice ints.
Whatever you think about Roman, he's one of THREE safeties we have on this team and one of TWO that have any real starting experience. So until we get some other bodies at that position I don't think we should let him go anywhere.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I didn't know Golston was named the starter. Maybe we can get a 7th round pick or something for Roman.
Share 49ersWebzone