Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

• PFKMan23
  • Info N/A
Then please give him his wish.
Why don't the 49ers jus cut him....
GTFO!
too bad denver signed a couple of safeties cuz nolan would have been all over this, but seriously honest opinion what do you guys think we can get for him, Honestly i think 4th or 5th
I don't know whether to be happy about this or not. On one hand, Mark Roman was an average safety at best and we needed an upgrade at the position. But I don't like the fact that by letting him seek a trade we're basically giving the starting job to Dashon Goldson. The FS spot is the QB of the secondary. They handle all the calls and most of the time they wear the radio in the helmet. Now as much as I like Goldson, what has he done to earn the starting job? Not much in my opinion. I was hoping he would earn the job by getting better this offseason and playing well into the preseason. But maybe the 49ers' brass knows something I don't. I still say we need to draft someone to give him some competition and offer us some depth.
Louis Delmas
Originally posted by valrod33:
too bad denver signed a couple of safeties cuz nolan would have been all over this, but seriously honest opinion what do you guys think we can get for him, Honestly i think 4th or 5th

If the draft was still 12 rounds, Roman would have 13th Round value.

this guy is in for a reality check
Originally posted by 49erman:
I don't know whether to be happy about this or not. On one hand, Mark Roman was an average safety at best and we needed an upgrade at the position. But I don't like the fact that by letting him seek a trade we're basically giving the starting job to Dashon Goldson. The FS spot is the QB of the secondary. They handle all the calls and most of the time they wear the radio in the helmet. Now as much as I like Goldson, what has he done to earn the starting job? Not much in my opinion. I was hoping he would earn the job by getting better this offseason and playing well into the preseason. But maybe the 49ers' brass knows something I don't. I still say we need to draft someone to give him some competition and offer us some depth.

dude no disrespect but open your eyes, roman was complete garbage and because of him we lost a few gms the 1 i remeber the most where he gave up the only 2 tds to the phins, he took away an int from clements and missed a tackle on ronnie brown that wouldve prevented that long run and time to run off. also the mon night game it was him that whiffed on boldin badly that allowed boldin to score a td. i dont care if we may be giving the job to goldson but the coaching staff may know something and goldson shouldve learned a lot bout the position at this time. only knock on goldson is his injury issue.
Welcome to backupland Mr. Roman.
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
When the trade does happen to some expansion team to be named later, thank you - Mark Roman - for your years of service but an upgrade to the position has been obvious for a year now.

I agree. I want him not to start as much as anyone here, and laughed when I heard he wanted out. Yet, I can't help but think that he isn't the WORST free safety in the NFL. There are plenty of things he does, and does well. I just think that we need someone better.

Plenty of other teams out there have major issues that he could do a great job filling their needs.

Actually, I posted a thread during the season that showed the INT statistics of all the NFL starting safety tandems. I think we were the worst - as in zero. LOL.

Now, INTs aren't everything when it comes to Safety play and Michael Lewis shows his value with his run support, but there were repeated times last year where Roman's coverage broke down and those poor plays could not be alleviated by at least one single INT from him. I dont even think he forced a fumble last year. He may have but nothing sticks out in my mind.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
49ers give Roman permission to seek trade

The San Francisco 49ers have given veteran safety Mark Roman permission to seek a trade.Roman, 31, has been a starter for San Francisco the last three seasons, and was previously a starter in Green Bay and Cincinnati. He constantly complained about the abuse he recieved from a website called 49erswebzone. He wants to go to a team where the fans arent as critical, possibly Detroit or Oakland.
fans in Detroit and Oakland are nothing short of rabid
Show yourself out Roman

Originally posted by valrod33:
Louis Delmas

No, no, no, no, no... I...am breaking up...with...YOU...