LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Hell yes. Trade him for draft picks, get Spiller, and get him on the next train out of town. This guy fumbles the ball way too much.
If we can draft Spiller, yes, trade Frank. I love him as a player, but he doesn't fit what we're doing on offense. We need someone faster and more dynamic in the spread.

That said, I'd be shocked if we let him out of town. Singletary is too determined to be a rushing team to let a guy like Frank go.
Originally posted by strickac:
If we can draft Spiller, yes, trade Frank. I love him as a player, but he doesn't fit what we're doing on offense. We need someone faster and more dynamic in the spread.

That said, I'd be shocked if we let him out of town. Singletary is too determined to be a rushing team to let a guy like Frank go.

or get reggie bush.
Frank gore isn't good in the spread...
Originally posted by 9erism:

or get reggie bush.

I don't really like the idea of having Bush as our featured back. He'd probably fit the scheme a little better, but a guy like Spiller would be perfect.

Finding a spread RB shouldn't be too difficult through the draft. A 1st for Gore would be very, very tempting. I don't know if we could say, "no" to that.
few RB i would like, ingram, gerhart, and joe mcknight
Not only that, he was falling all over the place every time he caught the ball.

I forgot the exact stats but let me paraphrase what Chris Landry said on the radio this morning. The top 5 passing teams are dominating in wins, it was something like a combined record of 50 wins to 15 losses (i cant remember the exact number). On the other end, the top 5 rushing teams had a much worse combined record. The translation is simple. The NFL has now become a passing league and if you want to succeed you need to pass the ball effectively.

Do we really need Frank Gore? I love the guy, but Im seriously beginning to wonder.
As much as i hate to say it maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.
my heart says no but my brain says yes. only if we can get good value for him, like a good pass rusher, o lineman, safety, or high draft pick. teams like denver, which traded portis for bailey, shown that the oline and scheme make the running game. not the back.( chris johnson and adrian peterson are excluded from this logic though)
  • Angry49er
  • Info N/A
Bill Walsh was famous for trading RBs and other players at the tail end of their prime. And this is where Frank Gore is now.

In the off season, given the team's new found focus with an Indy-Style Offense, I would look at teams with multiple high draft picks and make a trade. This is good for the 49ers and good for Frank. You can then trade for teams with good RBs that fit the spread (like a Fred Jackson out of Buffalo) and possible candidates in the draft like a Jon Dwyer to offset.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Angry49er:
Bill Walsh was famous for trading RBs and other players at the tail end of their prime. And this is where Frank Gore is now.

In the off season, given the team's new found focus with an Indy-Style Offense, I would look at teams with multiple high draft picks and make a trade. This is good for the 49ers and good for Frank. You can then trade for teams with good RBs that fit the spread (like a Fred Jackson out of Buffalo) and possible candidates in the draft like a Jon Dwyer to offset.

+1

Originally posted by 9erism:

or get reggie bush.

I don't really like the idea of having Bush as our featured back. He'd probably fit the scheme a little better, but a guy like Spiller would be perfect.

Finding a spread RB shouldn't be too difficult through the draft. A 1st for Gore would be very, very tempting. I don't know if we could say, "no" to that.

I think Spiller's much closer to Bush than he is Chris Johnson. Watching Spiller I just don't believe he has that unmatched 4.29 speed that separates Johnson from the Bush and the McFadden's.
You guys do realize his fumble resulted in only 3 pts right? What about Battle and Jones fumbling which led to 7? What about Crabs and VD dropping 2 TDs? What about the total clock mismanagement under the final min? Was this his best game? No, of course not, but I seriously can't believe what I'm reading. There is way more than one scapegoat for this loss.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 6, 2009 at 17:22:22 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
NO, NO, NO & NO!!!!! Yes he f**ked up today but he is still one of our core pieces.
  • Mex49
Yes! And now I don't care he is retarded. He is rich, his mom dead and now he doesn't win games. Trade him.

I'm sitting next to3 raider players that are gloating and talking about their win. We f**king suck
I'm pissed off at him so I'm saying yes
Share 49ersWebzone