There are 293 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by susweel:
I would trade anybody on this team if the price was right. You have to figure that this team with these players have never won, so that makes anybody expendable.

You would trade patrick willis if the price was right

first post I see in niner talk is this

*goes back to the parking lot*

you want trade patrick willis??.. Gore is very well like up and down always.. i think, i would like to gore should trade it but the 49ers don't have at RB right now.. So I think, the 49ers should stay with Gore remains with team.. I can wait for DRAFT is Ingram at RB.. Ingram is very good football and very power to run heavy and hit power to run with heavy that rock! Gore didn't have power to run.. gore is talent to quick with move and nice weapon with offensive it.. that it..

up shut

You up the shut.

Gore should trade it the Niners not so often as has he don't do. Nothin on him got even not Ingram. 9, 17, not does it matter. Circus animals event there Wyoming in with jet airliners. But polka dot panties happy it doesn't, because of Fredo from Godfather. In Paris she did but I don't think she did.Then balluga whales OMG NFL Europe.
  • DJ9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I don't know a lot about the spread offense but why can't Gore get involved in the spread? Can someone please enlighten me?

The thing is that Frank can run in the Spread from motion and option plays. It's not unthinkable that he can do so. You can run an offset formation from the Spread as well where Frank lines up to either side of the QB and then either motions out or blocks or goes screen, toss, pitch, draw or blast. Steve SHOULD know this since he's the Pro and I'm no more than the Layman here. Right?

And what's nice about having a Back that motions the Defense doesn't know WTF is coming at them more than half the time. It's why the Passing Offenses in the League are so successful at it. Look at what Shawn Payton is doing with the Saints Offense if you need a model.

Dont you people get it ? This is Young's way of indirectly calling Smith out. I dont think he means that we should trade Gore in a literal sense. He's basically alluding to the fact that Gore cannot be as effective is the spread as he would be in the proset. And to think that we could tailor the entire offense around Alex Smith (eg spread) for the next 10 years is not reasonable in the long run. He's already alluded to that in his last article.

But of course, Steve Young is a troll, doesnt know football, and obviously has limited knowledge of the game as compared to any of us. So why even take him seriously.

Don't know why I'm doing this BUT if Steve was even halfway calling out Alex I would think that that, was the wrong way to go about it. Especially when that is so EASILY taken out of context it ain't even funny. Steve is a better speaker than that. So AAAAAAANNNNNH wrong answer. Nice try now tell em what he's won Don.

"You've won a lifetime supply of Football for..." *this is pre edited to submit to the code of conduct as agreed to by this and all posters. We reserve the right to keep this board as civil as possible. Being that this part of the conversation could be taken in the wrong manner we have deleted and edited for content. Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled conversation*

Well anyway I'm sure that most reasonable fans have and did try to look at it that way. But he's CLEARLY talking about Frank here. Nevermind that he STILL got the touches, even though they were Pass more than Run. Thanks for playing.

~Ceadder

He clearly says that he sees no reason why Alex cant adapt to playing under center, thus making life easier for Frank to run. It's pretty much a declaration on his part that Alex NEEDS to be able to adapt to different offensive schemes to fully utilize the talent on this team. In other words, cant use the spread forever.

Ummmm that's not necessarily calling Smith out. I can see how YOU take it that he's calling Smith out but it could've also been a note of Support. It's hard to know which without the Speaker verbalizing the words spoken.

Ahhhh well you continue to read between those imaginary lines.

So did you figure out when Obama was going to hand America over to the KKK?

~Ceadder

You're right. What he really meant to say is that Frank Gore sucks, has no role in the spread, and will have to be traded if he doesnt succumb to pass blocking and serving as a decoy. Young is an idiot....as you pointed out in another thread, we shouldnt be taking him so seriously anyways.

You guys make me laugh...........

^ true had merril hodge or any other commentator/exfootball player said gore should be traded, everybody would be calling for his head, but since steve was a niner he's given the benifit of the doubt. I love hearings steves opinions, but thats all they are and he's been hit in the head alot more times then most so you take them for what they are lol my favorite player of all time, but not my favorite commentator....go kenny mayne
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I would trade anybody on this team if the price was right. You have to figure that this team with these players have never won, so that makes anybody expendable.

you want trade patrick willis??.. Gore is very well like up and down always.. i think, i would like to gore should trade it but the 49ers don't have at RB right now.. So I think, the 49ers should stay with Gore remains with team.. I can wait for DRAFT is Ingram at RB.. Ingram is very good football and very power to run heavy and hit power to run with heavy that rock! Gore didn't have power to run.. gore is talent to quick with move and nice weapon with offensive it.. that it..

Very well put my man
Next up. Trade P. Willis thread.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by taney71:
Next up. Trade P. Willis thread.

well they should he's a cowboys fan
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DonJulio:

You up the shut.

Gore should trade it the Niners not so often as has he don't do. Nothin on him got even not Ingram. 9, 17, not does it matter. Circus animals event there Wyoming in with jet airliners. But polka dot panties happy it doesn't, because of Fredo from Godfather. In Paris she did but I don't think she did.Then balluga whales OMG NFL Europe.

Sheer poetry man. Sheer poetry.
I don't know a lot about the spread offense but why can't Gore get involved in the spread? Can someone please enlighten me?

The thing is that Frank can run in the Spread from motion and option plays. It's not unthinkable that he can do so. You can run an offset formation from the Spread as well where Frank lines up to either side of the QB and then either motions out or blocks or goes screen, toss, pitch, draw or blast. Steve SHOULD know this since he's the Pro and I'm no more than the Layman here. Right?

And what's nice about having a Back that motions the Defense doesn't know WTF is coming at them more than half the time. It's why the Passing Offenses in the League are so successful at it. Look at what Shawn Payton is doing with the Saints Offense if you need a model.

Dont you people get it ? This is Young's way of indirectly calling Smith out. I dont think he means that we should trade Gore in a literal sense. He's basically alluding to the fact that Gore cannot be as effective is the spread as he would be in the proset. And to think that we could tailor the entire offense around Alex Smith (eg spread) for the next 10 years is not reasonable in the long run. He's already alluded to that in his last article.

But of course, Steve Young is a troll, doesnt know football, and obviously has limited knowledge of the game as compared to any of us. So why even take him seriously.

Don't know why I'm doing this BUT if Steve was even halfway calling out Alex I would think that that, was the wrong way to go about it. Especially when that is so EASILY taken out of context it ain't even funny. Steve is a better speaker than that. So AAAAAAANNNNNH wrong answer. Nice try now tell em what he's won Don.

"You've won a lifetime supply of Football for..." *this is pre edited to submit to the code of conduct as agreed to by this and all posters. We reserve the right to keep this board as civil as possible. Being that this part of the conversation could be taken in the wrong manner we have deleted and edited for content. Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled conversation*

Well anyway I'm sure that most reasonable fans have and did try to look at it that way. But he's CLEARLY talking about Frank here. Nevermind that he STILL got the touches, even though they were Pass more than Run. Thanks for playing.

~Ceadder

He clearly says that he sees no reason why Alex cant adapt to playing under center, thus making life easier for Frank to run. It's pretty much a declaration on his part that Alex NEEDS to be able to adapt to different offensive schemes to fully utilize the talent on this team. In other words, cant use the spread forever.

Ummmm that's not necessarily calling Smith out. I can see how YOU take it that he's calling Smith out but it could've also been a note of Support. It's hard to know which without the Speaker verbalizing the words spoken.

~Ceadder

You're right. What he really meant to say is that Frank Gore sucks, has no role in the spread, and will have to be traded if he doesnt succumb to pass blocking and serving as a decoy. Young is an idiot....as you pointed out in another thread, we shouldnt be taking him so seriously anyways.

When did I EVER call Steve Young an "Idiot" hmmmm?

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said he was FoS in this instance as well as the other instance. It by no means, infers that he's an idiot. It does infer that for SOME reason what he said was not well thought out however. Which I think is pretty rare coming from such an intelligent person.

Roll on Don Quixote, roll on.

~Ceadder
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Yes I would, any player expandable to make the overall team better. Patrick is great, so the compensation would have to be great.
Originally posted by DJ9er:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

^ true had merril hodge or any other commentator/exfootball player said gore should be traded, everybody would be calling for his head, but since steve was a niner he's given the benifit of the doubt. I love hearings steves opinions, but thats all they are and he's been hit in the head alot more times then most so you take them for what they are lol my favorite player of all time, but not my favorite commentator....go kenny mayne

That was ZRF80 being sarcastic.

You do know what that means I take it.

He's trying to call me out, with such a well thought out reply.

And that last part is me being sarcastic.

~Ceadder

Yes I would, any player expandable to make the overall team better. Patrick is great, so the compensation would have to be great.

Very true. BUT...

You don't even CONTEMPLATE making a trade unless TWO things happen.

1)When initiating the trade you MUST have said Players replacement. Name ONE guy on this team that we can replace. Hell I can't. Scott thought he could with Rossum when he CUT the man. Well done Scott.

or

2)Team initiating trade with us either replaces player with acceptable short term option or the equal in pick compensation +1. In Frank's case that would be a 1st and a 2nd or high 3rd round pick as compensation. And no team will do that even for Frank. If it was Willis they would have to cough up two 1st rounders at least.

So see it's not homerjerk that has me saying Gore is untradeable. It's sound logic. We have NOBODY to step in and do what he does. So can we cut the BS now or does this have to keep gathering steam because Steve said it?

~Ceadder

the truth. now i think we would all ask for more than anyone is willing to give up, i think it would take a jay cutler type trade.
When I originally voted in this poll. I voted Hno. Now I have voted no.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

the truth. now i think we would all ask for more than anyone is willing to give up, i think it would take a jay cutler type trade.

How's that working out for Chicago.

Oh wait you meant us as Denver(I hope) and the other team like Chicago?

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 4, 2009 at 13:17:51 ]

If we can draft Spiller, yes, trade Frank. I love him as a player, but he doesn't fit what we're doing on offense. We need someone faster and more dynamic in the spread.

That said, I'd be shocked if we let him out of town. Singletary is too determined to be a rushing team to let a guy like Frank go.
Share 49ersWebzone