LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Gore could be awesome in the spread, Lots of screens and quick PA passes to gore in the backfield. He could be deadly if used right in the spread...

Besides the more we open it up the less the box is stacked.
I'd only trade him for the best pass rushing OLB in the league.
"Better to trade a player a year to soon that a year too late"

Bill Walsh
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
"Better to trade a player a year to soon that a year too late"

Bill Walsh
Originally posted by crzy:
Anyone is tradeable on this team except for Patrick Willis.

Would you have said that a year or two ago?
Sure if we fail to make the play offs, why not, he is closer to the end of his career then the beginning, get an O-linemen and a pick? maybe a pass rusher, if we send a pick.

Bottom line there are good backs in every draft, and we never needed a great one to win superbowls! I mean Rikki and Roger were better than good but were never considered "Dominate" backs in there day by anyone other than us Niner fans.

Love Gore but he is hardly irreplaceable, especially if we play more from the spread, were his running style is less effective.

Keep Smith lose Gore, Lose Smith keep Gore, but it seems they might not be suited to the the same style of offense!

Re-posted from similar soon to merged thread!

Toby Gerhart?
Originally posted by valrod33:
how many f**king trade Frank Gore threads are there

This is f**king stupid, he is our best player, he is capable of playing in any formation, he is an excellent receiver out of the back field if im not mistaken he has always been one of the niners leading receivers since he has started.

This! Some people are just idiots!

The spread has worked for us for about 8 quarters and now everyone is jumping to get rid of the only piece that is good from our already-s**tty running game!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Yes. Because running backs are a dime a dozen and they have short careers.

Willis is irreplaceable, Gore isn't.

Give me a 1st rounder for Gore, and I accept.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Sure if we fail to make the play offs, why not, he is closer to the end of his career then the beginning, get an O-linemen and a pick? maybe a pass rusher, if we send a pick.

Bottom line there are good backs in every draft, and we never needed a great one to win superbowls! I mean Rikki and Roger were better than good but were never considered "Dominate" backs in there day by anyone other than us Niner fans.

Love Gore but he is hardly irreplaceable, especially if we play more from the spread, were his running style is less effective.

Keep Smith lose Gore, Lose Smith keep Gore, but it seems they might not be suited to the the same style of offense!

Re-posted from similar soon to merged thread!

Toby Gerhart?

We never needed a great back because we were running the WCO and had freaking J. Montana throwing and J. Rice catching! We dont have either luxury anymore!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Yes. Because running backs are a dime a dozen and they have short careers.

Willis is irreplaceable, Gore isn't.

Give me a 1st rounder for Gore, and I accept.

Well its a good thing you aren't even remotely qualified to be a GM!

Originally posted by VA49er:
I dont understand why people say Frank Gore is old he is 26 years old everybody knows the magic number for RBs is 30, he is still in his prime

Ladanian Tomlinsons best year was when he was 27

Shaun Alexander best years was when he was 27,28

Jim Browns had 1800 yards when he was 27

Frank Gore is in his prime the 9ers would be very foolish to trade Frank Gore

Yes the 9ers need to incorporate the spread offense but to totally go 100 percent spread is jsut stupid, you need a Running game especially in the playoffs

I think most people are saying he is the oldest of the talent positions. I.e. he will be old sooner than others on the team, both in real and "running back years" I think most people also agree that Frank is in his Prime. At 26 he is worth a 1st Rd. pick and perhaps a bit more. That's why the talk. He likely won't have the same value when he is 28. So the question is can the sum of all the parts improve at the expense of one of the most talented players? It's a team game and if you can upgrade the line you can run the ball with a lesser back than Frank Gore. That's the theory anyway.

I understand that but if you trade Frank Gore, your not gonna trade him for another RB, like you said it may be for an Olineman or a safety or whatever. Say we do trade him for an o linemen, then what Glen Coffee is not the answer at RB, why trade Frank Gore for a unproven 1st RD pick, what if that pick ends up being a bust?

Now correct me if im wrong but havent Frank Gores injuries since he has been in the NFL been his shoulder and his ankle, i dont recall him having a knee injury in the NFL, i know in college he had some

It may be jsut the homer in me, but i dont see any scenario in which trading Frank Gore makes the 9ers a better team

Well I will agree that there is no "apparent" scenario which makes the 49ers better. But just look at the Hershel Walker deal or the pats in recent years. Truth is we already have two first round picks next year so if there is a linemen hopefully we'll get one or maybe two. As good as our defense is we could stand to upgrade/shore up the secondary and we don't have a "dominant" pass rusher. So we could really go anywhere in the draft. But our greatest need is probably O Line. But just look at the Pats current model. If we could say get an extra pick in the 2011 draft or in this years 2010 draft then we will have to flexibility to trade up for a dominant player in any draft or pay forward to the next years first round while stocking up on needed talent in the second and third rounds of the draft. Also, if there is ONE position that teams seem to be able to draft with considerable consistancy and success I would have to argue that it is the RB position. Every year there is a new crop of young and talented guys who are scooped up in the draft. Gore is a perfect example of the ability to find a quality guy outside of the first round. So it's not outside of imaginiation that Gore could be "parlayed" into some positions of "greater need" and then we just find another back out there.
I love my man Steve, but...

Gore is the answer for any offensive system

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/12/gore-is-the-answer-for-any-offensive-system.html

If my team were running the spread - or anything else - I'd take Gore over Addai. Gore missed three games with injuries this season. Addai has played every game. Gore has 877 yards from scrimmage, including 234 yards receiving. Addai has 839 yards from scrimmage, including 256 yards receiving.

Gore caught 61 passes in 2006; 53 in 2007; and 43 a year ago. He is an accomplished receiver out of the backfield. He gained more than 1,000 yards rushing each of those seasons - the first player in 49ers history to accomplish that feat.
In this thread I think we should trade him
i now what will be my downfall here at the webzone
Share 49ersWebzone