LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Originally posted by Joecool:
It wouldn't be a good idea in terms of team character perspective. You just don't "backstab" your best player and highly respected professional. The other players will begin to worry about themselves and what's good for them.

good point.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Anyone is tradable if the price is right.

teams don't trade what the team is centered around. The offense was built around Gore. No way in hell he ever gets traded.

Big trades in the NFL rarely happen for this very reason, but if the other team made the right offer, then a deal would be done; don’t fool yourself on that. On the other hand, if you look at his stats for the past couple seasons, then you will see that they have been going down for the last two years - that's not a good sign for a RB. I suspect people on this board feel more strongly about Gore and his potential trade value than do most of the other 31 teams in the NFL, and it is more for this reason that Gore is not going to be traded anytime soon.

2005, 14 games played, 608 yards rushing, 4.8 yards per, 131 yards receiving, 739 total
2006, 16 games played, 1695 yards rushing, 5.4 yards per, 485 yards receiving, 2180 total
2007, 15 games played, 1102 yards rushing, 4.2 yards per, 436 yards receiving, 1538 total
2008, 14 games played, 1036 yards rushing, 4.3 yards per, 373 yards receiving, 1409 total

another person looking to much into "stats" Look at the circumstances for those stats. 07 was Hostler as the OC and well last year we had pass happy 500 step drop on 3rd and goal Martz as the OC.

When running backs start to taper off, they don't suddenly get better. It's a tough position that causes a lot of wear and tear to the body. Every single statistic above from 2006 and 2007 was worse other than yards per rush (4.3 yards in 2008 to 4.2 yards in 2007). If you're suddenly expecting 2006 results, then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong, but statistics do mean something when they are trending down for the past two years for RBs. But hey, believe whatever you want.

teams don't trade what the team is centered around. The offense was built around Gore. No way in hell he ever gets traded.

Big trades in the NFL rarely happen for this very reason, but if the other team made the right offer, then a deal would be done; don’t fool yourself on that. On the other hand, if you look at his stats for the past couple seasons, then you will see that they have been going down for the last two years - that's not a good sign for a RB. I suspect people on this board feel more strongly about Gore and his potential trade value than do most of the other 31 teams in the NFL, and it is more for this reason that Gore is not going to be traded anytime soon.

2005, 14 games played, 608 yards rushing, 4.8 yards per, 131 yards receiving, 739 total
2006, 16 games played, 1695 yards rushing, 5.4 yards per, 485 yards receiving, 2180 total
2007, 15 games played, 1102 yards rushing, 4.2 yards per, 436 yards receiving, 1538 total
2008, 14 games played, 1036 yards rushing, 4.3 yards per, 373 yards receiving, 1409 total

great point FZR. The question is not would you trade Frank Gore? Rather it is, would you be willing to absolutely RAPE another team if we had to give up Gore? If we could RAPE a team hell yeah most of us would be willing to part ways.

I think what happens, and I am guilty of this; is a zoner will post they would never trade Gore....which pisses some of us off. But I think what they really mean is they would never trade Gore for what a reasonable NFL GM would give us for him at this point in time. The latter is much more reasonable than the former.

So it is a moot point, because Gore is nowhere near as coveted as some of us wish he could be...as you point out
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM ]
only if i was in prison and really needed a cig.

another person looking to much into "stats" Look at the circumstances for those stats. 07 was Hostler as the OC and well last year we had pass happy 500 step drop on 3rd and goal Martz as the OC.

When running backs start to taper off, they don't suddenly get better. It's a tough position that causes a lot of wear and tear to the body. Every single statistic above from 2006 and 2007 was worse other than yards per rush (4.3 yards in 2008 to 4.2 yards in 2007). If you're suddenly expecting 2006 results, then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong, but statistics do mean something when they are trending down for the past two years for RBs. But hey, believe whatever you want.

did I say that I was expecting 06 type of season? Nope I just said take into consideration the circumstances of those 2 seasons. Look at the OLine and the Offensive Coordinators. I am expecting him to get between 1100-1300 yards this season given that he stays healthy and there isn't a huge rotation between Gore and Coffee. Everyone looks into stats like it tells the entire story. But hey if you want to be blind to reality then hey BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Originally posted by danimal:

great point FZR. The question is not would you trade Frank Gore? Rather it is, would you be willing to absolutely RAPE another team if we had to give up Gore? If we could RAPE a team hell yeah most of us would be willing to part ways.

I think what happens, and I am guilty of this; is a zoner will post they would never trade Gore....which pisses some of us off. But I think what they really mean is they would never trade Gore for what a reasonable NFL GM would give us for him at this point in time. The latter is much more reasonable than the former.

Exactly!
Gore, all of us agree is a powerful part of the offense.Been like that for the past 3 seasons. But, like a lot of people feel if a good deal is brokered and if he is willing to go then he will be traded. I personally think he is good for another3-4 seasons.Also his running# went down(my opinion anyways)is in the last season,he was not used as much because of martz offensive scheme.The 2 seasons b4 that there was no kinda offense other than running the heck out of him,so he put up some huge #'s.If Coffee works out,and the o/line is improved along with help from others on offense,then he won't be worked as hard and still be a threat to opposing teams.Just my thought anyways
  • bg787
  • Info N/A
Y IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION????? AND WHO SAID WERE GONNA GET A NEW OC????? GOD I HATE STUPID PPL
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
all I have to say to the yes voters is...

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

seriously nomad?
No.

Originally posted by danimal:

So it is a moot point, because Gore is nowhere near as coveted as some of us wish he could be...as you point out

The debate here is very Ninerfan centric, and in that perspective Gore is being overvalued as a viable trade option. But if I were looking at it from another team's perspective I would be asking is Frank Gore the one player we need to get over the hump? Because I would have to assume the 49ers would want a lot for him, considering they say publiclyu he is the centerpiece of their offense. I would immediately assume that there is no way I am going to give up what they probably want if I called them to talk trade. And since Gore is not being shopped for a trade, the only way that discussion is going to happen is if I call them & make an offer. It wouldn't be worth my time to make that call.
I would trade Frank the Tank when you find me the second coming of Roger Craig and another Bill Walsh that knows how to utilize his talents.

ALREADY!!!

~Ceadder

No, I would not trade Gore. That is a ridiculous idea. The only reason his production has gone down the last 2 seasons is that he has not been used properly because we had a retard (Hostler) for and OC and a pass happy (Martz) OC, not to mention Frank missed the last 2+ games last year or he would likely have finished with over 1200 yds rushing.

Look at all the really good teams in the NFL. They all have more than one good RB, now it looks like we do too.

So NO, we should not even think about trading Gore.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
i love gore especially cuz he's from the U. but for adrian peterson i'll do it.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I know some of you die hard Gore fans would say I'm crazy.. And I for one love Frank, but I'm also looking objectively towards the future.. It looks as if we'll be getting another OC next season, setting us back another 2 or 3 years. We have young WR's who will have time to develop and benefit from a new OC.. But Gore doesn't have that long to sit around and wait... 3 More seasons and he will be past his prime.. Would you consider moving him for players or draft picks???

I have a better idea. Why don't we trade all the people who voted yes to another team for real fans?
Share 49ersWebzone