There are 156 users in the forums

Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Funny how this thread continues to grow...
I don't fault Heitman. He was playing guard, play center in a injury pinch. He did and doing a good job for a guard playing center. But the team never try to find a true center to replace Newberry which seems strange to me. Every year I'm looking for them to relieved Heitman with a center so he can go back to guard but it never happen. So now we can't convert a 3rd and 1.
Here is where the lack of football knowledge kills people's argument.

Prepare to be slaughtered.

But before the carcass of the critics becomes exposed, someone please tell me what Heitmann's primary run responsibility was in this game.

If you get this correct, you get a free toaster.

Once again, prepare for the slaughgter.

P.S. I did not bring up this topic again, it was the critics.
I will give my evaluation soon, as soon as one of the critics comes up with his primary run responsibility in game. I expect less than two critics will get it right. They will backtrack on their argument, trust me.

No, they will come up with a "the defender is not good" argument.

Good luck. Any takers?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will give my breakdown of Heitmann, the good, bad, and ugly.

Isn't it interesting that about 20% of the critics spell his name correctly? The other 80% sure can make a lot of noise, but cannot spell his name right.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 30, 2008 at 14:36:24 ]
  • WildTurkey
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

But before the carcass of the critics becomes exposed, someone please tell me what Heitmann's primary run responsibility was in this game.

I will give my evaluation soon, as soon as one of the critics comes up with his primary run responsibility in game. I expect less than two critics will get it right. They will backtrack on their argument, trust me.

Good luck. Any takers?

Isn't it interesting that about 20% of the critics spell his name correctly? The other 80% sure can make a lot of noise, but cannot spell his name right.

Depending on the line up
But it is either block down on the DT or get down field and block the second level (MLB)
DTs = 5 tackles 4 solo
MLB = 4 tackles 2 solo

or we can even go before that and say get the ball safely to the QB which we saw how that went.

or we can go before the snap. The center needs to identify the defense formation. Call the strong side of the defense and adjust the lineman accordingly.

or we can go to the simple basic natural football instincts and just HIT SOMEONE
Draft Alex Mack

Good luck. Any takers?

Lol Who cares if they know or don't how to spell his last name or not. As dumb as he is, Heitmann himself don't know how to spell his own name
U can see by his whiffing of defenders that he's lost out there. 9 times out of 10 he's not blocking one on one. He's either whiffing, double teaming, or not blocking at all. An upgrade would be nice at the center position.

Good luck. Any takers?

Lol Who cares if they know or don't how to spell his last name. As dumb as he is, Heitmann himself don't know how to spell his own name
U can see by his whiffing of defenders that he's lost out there. 9 times out of 10 he's not blocking one on one. He's either whiffing, double teaming, or not blocking at all. An upgrade would be nice at the center position.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Good luck. Any takers?

Lol Who cares if they know or don't how to spell his last name or not. As dumb as he is, Heitmann himself don't know how to spell his own name

What are you talking about Heitmann is the greatest thing to happen to the center position since the great Mike Webster
MadDog can't even answer his own question. He disappeared for a little bit to go look on Wikipedia.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Good luck. Any takers?

What are you talking about Heitmann is the greatest thing to happen to the center position since the great Mike Webster

It really is time to expect a LOT more from the play at the LOS. We cannot accept mediocrity just because we've seen very poor play over the past 6 years. It's time to expect gamers at the LOS. Snyder stunk it up today and there were too many pressures again right up the middle - so either our OG really suck or the center is overpowered all the time. The fact that we can't run is more than enough evidence that there's something wrong. And it's been bad for a while now. The 49ers can't run when it counts. Too much bashing of Martz when it's clear this team can't run to ball to save it's neck. The opposing defense adjusts to the smoke-and-mirrors offensive line and Gore gets nothing. Don't even get me started about pass protection.

100% agreed.

ZOMG EveRyBody! I't's com1ing! G3t R3ady f0r the SlauGter. Th3r3 is a SlaUT3Rin comin! and tH3 m4DD0g is brinGin it! The Sl4ught3R!!! H3r3 1t c0m3S!
Originally posted by WildTurkey:

Good luck. Any takers?

Depending on the line up
But it is either block down on the DT or get down field and block the second level (MLB)
DTs = 5 tackles 4 solo
MLB = 4 tackles 2 solo

or we can even go before that and say get the ball safely to the QB which we saw how that went.

or we can go before the snap. The center needs to identify the defense formation. Call the strong side of the defense and adjust the lineman accordingly.

or we can go to the simple basic natural football instincts and just HIT SOMEONE
One brave soul. Outstanding.

Heitmann's primary responsibility in this game was MLB Paul Pozluszny. The Niners game planned to take Pos out of the game, and Heitmann released on about half of the snaps in the game.

The tally: Pos finished with 2 solo tackles and 2 assisted. Only 1 tackle and 1 assisted was done with him matched up with Heitmann, and the only solo happened 5 yards down the field in the first quarter, as he was falling.

To compare the two MLB's: Willis finished with 10 solo, 4 assisted, and one forced fumble. While I will never say that Pos is as talented as Willis, the discrepancy really showed that Heitmann did his job, and did it well.

Here is what was said about Pos before the game:
Second-year linebacker Paul Posluszny has emerged as a solid player at the MIKE, currently leading the Bills in tackles with 76 stops, and one forced fumble.

Pregame article on the Bills and Posluszny

Heitmann did not allow one pressure in the passing game, something that cannot be said about any other lineman on our team.

Heitmann's worst two plays in the game were the low snap, which Hill handled, and the block on Williams on the 3rd and 22 play.

I encourage the board to watch the tape. The tape never lies.

Heitmann did his job, and had a very good game. Posluszny finished 8th on their team in tackles today.

Since we want to discuss how "poorly" Heitmann played today, let's not forget that the two defense ends had 5 solo, 2 assisted, and a sack (Kelsey), and the other had 4 solos, 2 assisted, 2 sacks, and one forced fumble (Denney).

P.S. One of the posters on this board and thread, listed, in his opinion, the teams with better centers around the league. He included the Bills' center, who was Duke Preston. Preston replaced the ineffective Melvin Fowler for this game. Preston had one early snap, had one false start, and allowed at least 3 pressures.

Nice analysis.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 30, 2008 at 15:29:44 ]
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
ZOMG EveRyBody! I't's com1ing! G3t R3ady f0r the SlauGter. Th3r3 is a SlaUT3Rin comin! and tH3 m4DD0g is brinGin it! The Sl4ught3R!!! H3r3 1t c0m3S!

Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

HE SAID "ONE BRAVE SOUL"!!!!!!

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Nov 30, 2008 at 15:28:14 ]
so M4dDo0g, now that you have handed out your slaughter. who on the line would you say is to blame this time around?
Share 49ersWebzone