LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

And the Anti-Heitmann Crowd Suddenly Went Silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For those who want to make this about me:
Address the argument.

Heitmann good, and worthy of starting.
Heitmann not good, and not worthy of starting.

This was the premise of the argument from the beginning.

You may begin.

1. This is called Maddog avoiding Nvchamp calling him out again on his lack of substantive knowledge. It is called getting caught and not knowing what to say.

2. To your argument, on Frank Gore longest TD run of the year against the Cards who were the center and RG? I will give you a hint..it was right after Heitmann left the game...it was Wragge and Baas and where was the best block made? In the 2nd level by Baas....hmmmm....
Address the argument.

You may begin.

How about you take on LA's rebuttal instead of talking about how stupid we are and how little we know about football?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
maddog isn't any different than the rest of us. he's reactionary, he has his favorite players who he defends with whatever biased or convenient information/stats he can find, and he'd rather have his opinions confirmed than challenged.

Its just sad that someone who pretends to be so intelligent is so weak of will that he can't take on actual challenges to the so-called facts he relies upon. He likes to put himself in the same group as a vague group of "experts", but has no firm foundation on which his opinions are based on.

In the end, his opinions are just like any of ours: biased and sometimes illogical.

I'm not anti-Heitmann whatsoever. He's been a good player for us. I'm just anti-MadDog.

I don't care how much football this guy knows or doesn't know.

Maddog's opinion is that everyone is an idiot except for him.

Hence, the douchebag reference.

Argue that.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Sep 23, 2008 at 15:57:01 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
What do you see in this picture?

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
maddog isn't any different than the rest of us. he's reactionary, he has his favorite players who he defends with whatever biased or convenient information/stats he can find, and he'd rather have his opinions confirmed than challenged.

Its just sad that someone who pretends to be so intelligent is so weak of will that he can't take on actual challenges to the so-called facts he relies upon. He likes to put himself in the same group as a vague group of "experts", but has no firm foundation on which his opinions are based on.

In the end, his opinions are just like any of ours: biased and sometimes illogical.

I'm not anti-Heitmann whatsoever. He's been a good player for us. I'm just anti-MadDog.

Maddog's opinion is everyone is an idiot except for him.

Argue that.

can't argue with the truth.
Originally posted by infamousesco:

LMAO! I have been loving your comic relief in this thread! Hahahaha

2 Chicken?
Everyone shall address MadDog as "Your Highness."

Failure to cooperate will be grounds for further arrogance on the King's part, and expulsion from Niner Talk, you stupid little know-nothing Niner fans...
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jerry:

2 Chicken?

.... maybe?!? I was thinking butt cheeks.
Originally posted by Jerry:

2 Chicken?

i was about to say the same thing!!!

Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Address the argument.

You may begin.

1. This is called Maddog avoiding Nvchamp calling him out again on his lack of substantive knowledge. It is called getting caught and not knowing what to say.

2. To your argument, on Frank Gore longest TD run of the year against the Cards who were the center and RG? I will give you a hint..it was right after Heitmann left the game...it was Wragge and Baas and where was the best block made? In the 2nd level by Baas....hmmmm....

Any time, any place. You do not know more than me...except in your mind.

And yet you deny that Heitmann had a great game this week. I SMELL BIAS!!!!

Argue that.

I'm just disappointed that the board has lost it's mind, and cannot compliment Heitmann. It shows how detached the board is with reality.

And with this comment, having much more important things to do, ADIEU to all.

You may all continue to avoid the subjectL: Is Heitmann worthy of being a starter? I bet not one response. Shock me, ya'll. I'll check back later.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2008 at 16:02:00 ]
Address the argument.

You may begin.

This isn't how it was presented at all. The main point that I was disputing was this, from your initial post.

It is very odd that nearly every professional expert lauds Heitmann as one of the best centers in the NFC

You were implored to support this point, and you provided links. However, upon inspection, review the content of those link did not support this point. The most effusive praise of Heitmann was given by ESPN, who said that he is the best center in the NFC West. Considering his competition, that is dubious evidence at best. Other links included comparisons to his own performance (as opposed to other centers), and a link simply stating that he was named as a team captain.

Perhaps "nearly every professional expert lauds Heitmann as one of the best centers in the NFC", but you did not support that argument.

If your point was whether or not Heitmann is a "good" player (quoted from this post, where your verbiage is considerably more measured), you would not have received any contention from me. I believe that Heitmann is worthy of being a starter and a solid center. However, that is not what was originally put forth by you.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 23, 2008 at 16:02:45 ]

Argue that.

I'm just disappointed that the board has lost it's mind, and cannot compliment Heitmann. It shows how detached the board is with reality.

He's French! I knew it!!

Argue that.

You may all continue to avoid the subjectL: Is Heitmann worthy of being a starter? I bet not one response. Shock me, ya'll. I'll check back later.

You're still not seing it at all, aren't you.... This thread has become something else that what it was....

This is not even about Heitman anymore, big guy.... This is about you and how you address all the posters in here...

Share 49ersWebzone