There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

And the Anti-Heitmann Crowd Suddenly Went Silent

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
until you address head-on LA's refutation of your claims, you are still pwned.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

I will continue to look for you.


um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.

So, you are saying that broadcasters and sportswriters make this stuff up. That they do not talk to the opponents about the best players from other teams. That is silly, and you know it.

So, let's replay...

At least three local sportswriters who follow the 49ers do not think that Heitmann is recogized around the league.

That the SFI writer that posts weekly reports for other teams about the Niners does not understand that Heitmann is respected around the league.

That more than one national publication, I am starting to lose track (including ESPN) doesn't talk to other teams about players in their division or league.

Sure, you may continue to live in your own fantasy.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2008 at 15:33:53 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
until you address head-on LA's refutation of your claims, you are still pwned.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

I will continue to look for you.


um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.

So, you are saying that broadcasters and sportswriters make this stuff up. That they do not talk to the opponents about the best players from other teams. That is silly, and you know it.

find a sportswriter that says that Heitmann is one of the best centers in the NFC and then we can talk. otherwise you are just running away from the point again.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Wow MD got pretty much owned in his own thread, that's too bad. On the bright side I with the power invested in me by well no one do here nominate this a Thread of the Year candidate.

I 2nd that! Awesome awesome thread!

This thread has my Vote
Notice you did not refute one assertion I made about your knowledge Maddog, you know as well as I do that you are so full of it when it comes to evalutating players its crazy! Who brought Joe Flacco to the board months before anyone had heard of him? Me! Not the all knowing guru you are, who brought Brian Johnston? Me, the list goes on MD. How can you analyze a player if you don't understand it? A first grader can't grade a high school algebra test bc they don't understand it, its the same thing. You are not involved in a high level scheme, as Krizay said how can you grade all the players in mobile and "analyze them" if you don't understand it? All you do is read a bunch of info and then respit it out as your own, your post are a joke half the time, the way you come off acting as if you know more than everyone. Don't say that's not how you write you post because that's how it is. You can argue the points I made bc I called it all right. All you did was point the finger back at me bc you had nothing true to say in your own defense.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
until you address head-on LA's refutation of your claims, you are still pwned.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

I will continue to look for you.


um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.

So, you are saying that broadcasters and sportswriters make this stuff up. That they do not talk to the opponents about the best players from other teams. That is silly, and you know it.

find a sportswriter that says that Heitmann is one of the best centers in the NFC and then we can talk. otherwise you are just running away from the point again.

Now that I have responded to your question, how about YOU take some time and respond to my response on Page 12. How about you do some work for once?
Originally posted by noblood:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Wow MD got pretty much owned in his own thread, that's too bad. On the bright side I with the power invested in me by well no one do here nominate this a Thread of the Year candidate.

I 2nd that! Awesome awesome thread!

This thread has my Vote

it's not ever yet.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

We are now...On the Clock.

I am glad we hit it.....on Page 6. I'm surprised it wasn't Page 60.

Well I had to say something positive quick. Everything up 'til then was just a sea of negativity.

Bah. I don't think that others' condescending remarks are helping any. Fighting fire with fire leaves everybody burned. Now -- Though I respect your input and work done through most analysis, some of the posts I read did seem a little haughtier than the normal MD I recall from previous times.

Edit: By the way, get back in the dang draft forum -- By mid-season I'm going to have far more questions than I can get to when it comes to prospects. I'll continue to provide everyone with the info they desire on each player, but sheesh -- a little help couldn't hurt!

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 23, 2008 at 15:41:58 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
until you address head-on LA's refutation of your claims, you are still pwned.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

I will continue to look for you.


um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.

So, you are saying that broadcasters and sportswriters make this stuff up. That they do not talk to the opponents about the best players from other teams. That is silly, and you know it.

find a sportswriter that says that Heitmann is one of the best centers in the NFC and then we can talk. otherwise you are just running away from the point again.

Now that I have responded to your question, how about YOU take some time and respond to my response on Page 12. How about you do some work for once?

you haven't responded. let me repeat myself:



find a sportswriter that says that Heitmann is one of the best centers in the NFC and then we can talk. otherwise you are just running away from the point again.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

We are now...On the Clock.

I am glad we hit it.....on Page 6. I'm surprised it wasn't Page 60.

Well I had to say something positive quick. Everything up 'til then was just a sea of negativity.

Bah. I don't think that others' condescending remarks are helping any. Fighting fire with fire leaves everybody burned. Now -- Though I respect your input and work done through most analysis, some of the posts I read did seem a little haughtier than the normal MD I recall from previous times.

I like taking on the mental midgets, who know very little about football, and try to appear intelligent. They only embarrass themselves. I will take them all on, with pride.

It would be wise if they simply agreed with my point that the demise of Eric Heitmann is greatly exaggerated. However, instead of talking about the subject, they deflect it, and try to make the conversation about me. That is because their argument is weak. It is a classic case of deflecting the truth away.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

We are now...On the Clock.

I am glad we hit it.....on Page 6. I'm surprised it wasn't Page 60.

Well I had to say something positive quick. Everything up 'til then was just a sea of negativity.

Bah. I don't think that others' condescending remarks are helping any. Fighting fire with fire leaves everybody burned. Now -- Though I respect your input and work done through most analysis, some of the posts I read did seem a little haughtier than the normal MD I recall from previous times.

I like taking on the mental midgets, who know very little about football, and try to appear intelligent. They only embarrass themselves. I will take them all on, with pride.

It would be wise if they simply agreed with my point that the demise of Eric Heitmann is greatly exaggerated. However, instead of talking about the subject, they deflect it, and try to make the conversation about me. That is because their argument is weak. It is a classic case of deflecting the truth away.

ah, the irony continues!
It took me almost half an hour reading this whole thread, from post # 1 till above...

and all I can say is..................













































































*wait, wait.......*



























































- 98
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

We are now...On the Clock.

I am glad we hit it.....on Page 6. I'm surprised it wasn't Page 60.

Well I had to say something positive quick. Everything up 'til then was just a sea of negativity.

Bah. I don't think that others' condescending remarks are helping any. Fighting fire with fire leaves everybody burned. Now -- Though I respect your input and work done through most analysis, some of the posts I read did seem a little haughtier than the normal MD I recall from previous times.

I like taking on the mental midgets, who know very little about football, and try to appear intelligent. They only embarrass themselves. I will take them all on, with pride.

It would be wise if they simply agreed with my point that the demise of Eric Heitmann is greatly exaggerated. However, instead of talking about the subject, they deflect it, and try to make the conversation about me. That is because their argument is weak. It is a classic case of deflecting the truth away.

For those who want to make this about me:
Address the argument.

Heitmann good, and worthy of starting.
Heitmann not good, and not worthy of starting.

This was the premise of the argument from the beginning.

You may begin.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2008 at 15:51:11 ]