There are 196 users in the forums

And the Anti-Heitmann Crowd Suddenly Went Silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
I have nothing against Heitmann, but I have to tell you MD you're really coming off as an arse with thie whole conversation. I haven't scoured the board much lately, but I don't recall seeing a "LARRY GRANT WASN'T THAT GOOD AND I WAS TOTALLY WRONG" thread. Did I miss that one? If you want to bill yourself as a talent scout or draft guru, be prepared to have it thrown in your face when you're wrong. We do it to the guys on Fox and NFL Network all the time. Accept the fact that you're human and can make mistakes rather than trying to force feed 30 people crow over a difference of opinions and you'll be a happier man.
Originally posted by highway49:
It's been interesting all day.....

That it has
Originally posted by TheHitman:
I have nothing against Heitmann, but I have to tell you MD you're really coming off as an arse with thie whole conversation. I haven't scoured the board much lately, but I don't recall seeing a "LARRY GRANT WASN'T THAT GOOD AND I WAS TOTALLY WRONG" thread. Did I miss that one? If you want to bill yourself as a talent scout or draft guru, be prepared to have it thrown in your face when you're wrong. We do it to the guys on Fox and NFL Network all the time. Accept the fact that you're human and can make mistakes rather than trying to force feed 30 people crow over a difference of opinions and you'll be a happier man.

And, I'm still waiting for one person to praise Heitmann for his outstading game.

As for Grant, please refer to my original post on Grant being a bubble roster player. I never said he would surely make this team, and with the addition of Spikes, he didn't really have a shot. We'll see next year. Please be fair, and review my post on Grant.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

And, I'm still waiting for one person to praise Heitmann for his outstading game.

As for Grant, please refer to my original post on Grant being a bubble roster player. I never said he would surely make this team, and with the addition of Spikes, he didn't really have a shot. We'll see next year. Please be fair, and review my post on Grant.

Meh this whole thread is a mess. It might've turned out a little differently probably if the initial post had been worded a bit differently, MD. At least that's my thought on it. But, who'd-a-known?

I can't even find my post yet.. but it's in there somewhere giving props to Heitmann for Sunday.
I love this thread!!! I just found it!! Take that MD

So incredibly condescending and arrogant..........2 or 3 times that I've posted in NinerTalk (I like to stay away from this forum) he has directly responded to me in a demeaning fashion.

I am but a commoner and will return to my humble home, The Parking Lot, where King MadDog never ventures into...

As SanDiego would say...

Originally posted by HessianDud:
until you address head-on LA's refutation of your claims, you are still pwned.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

I will continue to look for you.

I would have backed the praise for Heitmann had you not make this threat about you.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Meh this whole thread is a mess. It might've turned out a little differently probably if the initial post had been worded a bit differently, MD. At least that's my thought on it. But, who'd-a-known?

I can't even find my post yet.. but it's in there somewhere giving props to Heitmann for Sunday.

Still waiting for the biased crowd to step forward and say that they suffered from short term mental instability, and now have rejoined the rational world.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
You know who would really enjoy this thread?

I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

Originally posted by pigskin:

I would have backed the praise for Heitmann had you not make this threat about you.

Thanks for your objectivity. Once again, it has nothing to do with a player's performance, it is all about...something completely unrelated.

However, since you would have praised Heitmann, I guess that means you are willing to admit he played very well.

Now, that would be unbiased.

There are 12 pages of notes. Which one of the 150 comments do you want me to address?

here

Feel free to click on the links provided. You may also refer to ESPN's Mike Sando's analysis of Heitmann as well.

As for comments by players in the league, I will continue to look. Leaguewide praise on centers is not a hot topic for journalists. Doesn't seem to generate as much interest as skilled positions.

While I am searching, I will note that broadcasters get a lot of their information about players from opponents who speak about them during the week. That is why twice this season, Heitmann has been praised as being a solid NFC center.

um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I found it. Praise for Heitmann on page 6.

We are now...On the Clock.

I am glad we hit it.....on Page 6. I'm surprised it wasn't Page 60.
Hurry, MadDog, respond, if you can type while shoving your tail between your legs.

here

um...no. dude, you need to respond to LA's response to your link. he exposed your lack of proof that Heitmann is recognized league wide as a great center.

My whole point in asking for the links initially is that you like to make blanket generalizations and preach them as the gospel truth. You are wrong here--not about whether or not Heitmann is playing better this year, but about how Heitmann is such a widely recognized player that only you and the "experts" notice it but none of us "noobs" or "commoners" do.

Man up and admit that you used hyperbole and got caught.

So, you are saying that broadcasters and sportswriters make this stuff up. That they do not talk to the opponents about the best players from other teams. That is silly, and you know it.

So, let's replay...

At least three local sportswriters who follow the 49ers do not think that Heitmann is recogized around the league.

That the SFI writer that posts weekly reports for other teams about the Niners does not understand that Heitmann is respected around the league.

That more than one national publication, I am starting to lose track (including ESPN) doesn't talk to other teams about players in their division or league.

Sure, you may continue to live in your own fantasy.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2008 at 15:33:53 ]
Share 49ersWebzone