There are 193 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS PRE-SEASON GAME DAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Greg Papa....

"Cowboys say they are America's team.....well the Raiders are the Planet's Team;lkjb bwahahahahaaha

liked him as a Giants annoucer, but he cracks me up..

pretty cool the Raiders had international coaches work with them for the week....would love to see HandEgg Ball take off in other countries
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Greg Papa....

"Cowboys say they are America's team.....well the Raiders are the Planet's Team;lkjb bwahahahahaaha

liked him as a Giants annoucer, but he cracks me up..

pretty cool the Raiders had international coaches work with them for the week....would love to see HandEgg Ball take off in other countries

Seriously man it's better to watch the game on mute. The Raider announcers are the absolute WORST. Complete rose colored homer glasses on every single play.

Even at the very end of the game..."There should be 1 second left on the clock...cmon...."

Then anytime we made a play..."oh it's because so and so is not there..." They just sound so retarded. It explains a lot when you actually talk to Raider fans. They can never admit ANY wrong about their team. And everyone else always sucks. The best is when Raider fans give me sht about Alex. "Well WTF has Alex done...?"

Now I just reply..."Not much but u got any purple drank?"

Raider fans have lost their QB bashing card for the next 10 years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Just got done watching the game a few thoughts I had:

1. Alex Smith looked pretty good, again he showed good pocket presence.

2. David Carr sucks, that's a given, Shaun Hill is 10x's better than him (dumbass McCoulghan).

3. I'm liking Nate Byham, I think we can truly run two-TE formations now.

4. LaBoy continues to impress, but I noticed when he puts his hand down to rush the passer, he doesn't get as good as pressure from when he stands up. Still, much better than Parys Haralson IMO.

5. Phillip Adams has been out performing Paymah and James this preseason. Hope we keep Adams instead of Paymah and James.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Just got done watching the game a few thoughts I had:

1. Alex Smith looked pretty good, again he showed good pocket presence.

2. David Carr sucks, that's a given, Shaun Hill is 10x's better than him (dumbass McCoulghan).

3. I'm liking Nate Byham, I think we can truly run two-TE formations now.

4. LaBoy continues to impress, but I noticed when he puts his hand down to rush the passer, he doesn't get as good as pressure from when he stands up. Still, much better than Parys Haralson IMO.

5. Phillip Adams has been out performing Paymah and James this preseason. Hope we keep Adams instead of Paymah and James.

its no question that were keeping adams
LOL it's totally cosmetic, but I'll say it again; Alex Smith looks way more comfortable in his helmet than he did before he applied the quad-chin strap (which he did during the off-season this year). His helmet isn't bobbing around, messing with his vision and posture concentration after each snap.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL it's totally cosmetic, but I'll say it again; Alex Smith looks way more comfortable in his helmet than he did before he applied the quad-chin strap (which he did during the off-season this year). His helmet isn't bobbing around, messing with his vision and posture concentration after each snap.

lol, i remember you saying something when he came out against the Texans..
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Meh...it's on NFL Network replay right now but I'm going to turn it off...I can't handle listening to Raiders commentators the whole game.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

lol, i remember you saying something when he came out against the Texans..

Yeah, during college Alex rocked the quad, then when he hit the NFL he went to the double (where his helmet was bobbing constantly up and off his forehead, constricting his vision after the snap bounce), it was just painful to watch!

I think Alex learned a lot from watching Drew Brees during his UK SB XLIV promotion that you need all the support you can get from wearing such a heavy facemask!
Share 49ersWebzone