LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

League considering penalty for kneeling

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Source

It would be up to the home team on whether both teams come out of the locker room for the anthem, and, should teams come out, 15-yard penalties could be assessed for kneeling.

So if a player from both teams kneel, you have offsetting penalties and they just worked around your idea to stop them.

League should just keep both teams in the locker room for the anthem like it used to be.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
eject the kneeling player. done.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

And if every player on both teams kneel?
Will it apply to touchbacks and running out the clock too
[ Edited by crabman82 on May 22, 2018 at 3:53 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Will it apply to touchbacks and running out the clock too

Wow the NFL really doesn't want Tim Tebow back.

Dock them game day paycheck, kneelers will have to pay up or stand.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Stupid idea
Or how about they don't play the national anthem and go straight to the game
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on May 23, 2018 at 8:35 AM ]
Do the players have to publically support the murder by police of unarmed black people, or are they just not allowed to be against it?

When I proposed to my wife, I was kneeling. I guess I was disrespecting my wife when I did that? Oh wait, I'm white, so it was probably okay.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Dock them game day paycheck, kneelers will have to pay up or stand.

I say we make everyone full-on Kow Tow to the flag or face immediate banishment from the league!!!
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
Do the players have to publically support the murder by police of unarmed black people, or are they just not allowed to be against it?

When I proposed to my wife, I was kneeling. I guess I was disrespecting my wife when I did that? Oh wait, I'm white, so it was probably okay.

This post is the GOAT!
Wowwwwwwww. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933962/article/roger-goodells-statement-on-national-anthem-policy

Fining the team for players who decide to come out and protest still on the field. That's definitely going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Ready to see how this goes... "Get your popcorn ready...."

Don't get me wrong, while I'm not a fan of kneeling, I respect the players' right to do so. League basically said, if you're not standing, you're not allowed to be on the field. Pretty much don't want cameras panning around trying to see who's kneeling and who's not. Although if a player is known enough, there's still going to be reports about it, and regardless of the player popularity, the cameras are still gonna pan onto them coming out on the field after the anthem, in a TV break or not.. so it doesn't solve anything as far as the distraction.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 23, 2018 at 9:30 AM ]
I liked it better when they all stayed in the locker room and came through the tunnel and the starting lineup came through inflatable helmet.
  • thl408
There were NFL fans that expressed anger over players kneeling. Fans are the consumers of the product so it's best to appease the fans. I'm sure players are still free to protest outside of gamedays.
Share 49ersWebzone