There are 238 users in the forums

Malcolm Butler

Shop 49ers game tickets
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2018/2/5/16973720/brandon-browner-went-in-on-the-patriots-for-benching-malcolm-butler-for-super-bowl-52
A family friend who I trust, is well connected in law enforcement and was in Minny this week with local cops told me Butler missed curfew, got caught with weed when he came back late to hotel, and subsequently had a meltdown on coaches— Joey Cartolano (@JoeyPigskins)

This guy could be jerking our chain but who knows?
[ Edited by Bigfishrider on Feb 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM ]
Let's get Butler and Talib
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't know how well Butler played in 2017 but I would rather have Talib. He might come cheaper and he offers more experience.
I doubt that and he's 4-5 years younger..

I'd rather have 27 year old butler over 32 year old Talib.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't know how well Butler played in 2017 but I would rather have Talib. He might come cheaper and he offers more experience.
I doubt that and he's 4-5 years younger..

I'd rather have 27 year old butler over 32 year old Talib.

Butler isn't anywhere near as good as Talib. Even at his age.
Just heard he didn't play because he missed curfew and was caught with weed.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's get Butler and Talib

or both

or neither
Originally posted by Fincham11:

So why did he play a snap then? Odd.
Originally posted by Fresh49:
I cant be the only one scratchin their head about dude not starting and only playin ST's in the SB?

You arent. It is literally one of the top stories to come out of the Superbowl.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Fincham11:

So why did he play a snap then? Odd.

the one snap he did play was on the lone punt return.

Wasn't good this season.

He got Moss'd by a 5'7" wide receiver earlier in the year lol.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 5, 2018 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Maybe it was punishment for being uncommitted and a bad teammate. We don't know what goes on in camp.

I mean... maybe. But that would be the first time that has ever been said about Butler in four years.

Yeah those guys love Butler. He freaking won them a SB 49. Idk what happened but it's very cold blooded what Bill did. Especially given how bad Eric Rowe played in the first half.

Just trying to think logically on why they'd bench him. If they loved Butler so much then why were they talking about trading him all offseason? Instead of rewarding him for his play, they cashed out a Bills CB. Huge slap in the face.
I honesty think this was an attempt to devalue his trade stock in an attempt to keep him cheaply I just don't understand why he didn't play.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Maybe it was punishment for being uncommitted and a bad teammate. We don't know what goes on in camp.

I mean... maybe. But that would be the first time that has ever been said about Butler in four years.

Yeah those guys love Butler. He freaking won them a SB 49. Idk what happened but it's very cold blooded what Bill did. Especially given how bad Eric Rowe played in the first half.

Just trying to think logically on why they'd bench him. If they loved Butler so much then why were they talking about trading him all offseason? Instead of rewarding him for his play, they cashed out a Bills CB. Huge slap in the face.

I meant his teammates in the locker room. Couldn't hazard a guess as to how the FO feels about him.
Originally posted by wailers15:
he is not their best corner. Gilmore was. Granted Gilmore missed a bunch of games, but go back & look at Butler's play vs the Titans, & Jags, and look how Rowe made the most of his opportunities in those games.
Why he didn't play...well there's more to it and we weren't there in the team meetings or at practice. Rowe had two solid playoff games so i don't see the issue there, but yeah Butler should've been in on nickel packages, but not having butler out there would not have turned the game.
He may not be their best CB, but no way Rowe should have started over him. Rowe was getting the business. Forget how the game turned out Rowe is NOT better than Butler.
Share 49ersWebzone