LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Malcolm Butler

Shop 49ers game tickets
I cant be the only one scratchin their head about dude not starting and only playin ST's in the SB? After starting every game for the last 3 yrs since pickin off R. Wilson? I thought he was their best CB? They showed him visibly upset prior to the game and rightfully so. Bill said it was "match-ups"?

This reminds me of when Bill went for it on 4th down against the Colts in their territory in that playoff game and it cost em big. Malcolms' replacement didnt do too well either, gave up a big td against A. Jeffery.

I also believe his contract is up, Id take em here if thats the case.
Also, Ive never heard a peep about him bein anything other than a model teammate, any discipline problems, injured or any sort of issues since he's been there so wtf?
Yeah I thought that was odd and it wasn't like Rowe was covering very well either that secondary was getting torched. If it really was Belichick's decision not to start him it was a very poor one
He's going to be the story for the next few weeks. From Super Bowl hero to scapegoat. Smh.

Almost makes me want to sign him just because I feel he'll be out for revenge.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He's going to be the story for the next few weeks. From Super Bowl hero to scapegoat. Smh.

And he's actually a good corner we could use of those
Maybe Belichick is getting agitated in his later years judging by his decisions.
I doubt playing Butler would've made any much more of a difference. He was absent on the field in their last two playoff games but Rowe had been playing good too.
Anybody knows why this dude got benched?
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

And he's actually a good corner we could use of those

lmao
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Anybody knows why this dude got benched?

yeah, matchups

BB cockblock Malcolm Butler like what Butler did to the Seahawks.
Pretty crazy they sit their best cb in the super bowl and allow 41 points in a loss where Brady threw for 500 yards and 3 tds. Former pat Brandon browner posted multiple Instagram posts calling out belichek, one of which was liked by current pat donta hightower.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Pretty crazy they sit their best cb in the super bowl and allow 41 points in a loss where Brady threw for 500 yards and 3 tds. Former pat Brandon browner posted multiple Instagram posts calling out belichek, one of which was liked by current pat donta hightower.

He hasnt been their best CB all season. Its been Gilmore and its not really close. But why he wasn't out there instead of a guy like Bademosi is beyond me.
They benched someone who played 97% of snaps in the regular season. Talk about outsmarting yourselves. Crazy that Bill stick with it too.
  • zero
  • Veteran
The guy would look great in Scarlet and Gold
Share 49ersWebzone