LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

One thread to rule them all - trading JG

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fresh49:
If there was a serious indication Jimmy wont sign long term AND there is assurances Cousins would, simply as an alternative, Id be fine with it. However, none of this is the case as of yet so

Anything is possible tho, but Im hoping for the best, which is keeping Jimmy long term.

I want Jimmy here to but there is no way I'm letting him play on the franchise tag. None.

If he isn't willing to sign long-term before free agency starts I think signing Cousins or at least negotiating with him is the smart thing to do.

I think Denver would jump all over a Garappolo trade and if they were willing to give up a 2nd and Talib for him we should be able to get the 5th and a 2019 1st or 2nd.

Just a thought and we would be wise to keep our options open.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Alex Smith deserves two thread but Jimmy Jesus only deserves one?

So typical!

Really? Smith has one thread. KC without Smith have one thread. Garoppolo has 2 threads. Got a problem with that?

The KC thread is full of Alex Smith posts, the demand for multiple admits threads is definitely there and I have no problem with it.
I was just poking fun
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Alex Smith deserves two thread but Jimmy Jesus only deserves one?

So typical!

Really? Smith has one thread. KC without Smith have one thread. Garoppolo has 2 threads. Got a problem with that?

Let's trade away the best qb we've had in 20 years lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
If there was a serious indication Jimmy wont sign long term AND there is assurances Cousins would, simply as an alternative, Id be fine with it. However, none of this is the case as of yet so

Anything is possible tho, but Im hoping for the best, which is keeping Jimmy long term.

I want Jimmy here to but there is no way I'm letting him play on the franchise tag. None.

If he isn't willing to sign long-term before free agency starts I think signing Cousins or at least negotiating with him is the smart thing to do.

I think Denver would jump all over a Garappolo trade and if they were willing to give up a 2nd and Talib for him we should be able to get the 5th and a 2019 1st or 2nd.

Just a thought and we would be wise to keep our options open.

Wouldn't we have to tag JG first in order to trade him to Denver though? So we'd be risking having signed Cousins and having JG on the roster under the tag.

Even so, I would not take Cousins and two of Denver's 1sts over JG. But, if like you said, JG doesn't want to sign long-term, then we'd be stupid to not make a move like this.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's trade away the best qb we've had in 20 years lol

Actually we released Hoyer.
English sir, can you make this a poll plz? Lets see what the pulse is over this idea.

Could be the first poll in history where one side gets over 100%!

This timing doesn't even remotely work, though.

JGQ and Yee are TOTALLY rationale and smart to sit on the franchise tag until Cousins resets the QB market. With the Alex Smith-overpay and how many teams will be bidding for Cousins (driving his price up) they'd have to be really dumb not to.

Why in the world would JGQ and Yee cut off their own legs by signing right before the QB market resets when they have no reason in the world to do so?

He took an 0-9 team on a six game win streak and that team also has 115 million in cap room.

Like it or not, he's holding the cards, and not resigning him because he's acting as any reasonable person would is the type of self-harm that keeps teams sucking forever.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

JGQ and Yee are TOTALLY rationale and smart to sit on the franchise tag until Cousins resets the QB market. With the Alex Smith-overpay and how many teams will be bidding for Cousins (driving his price up) they'd have to be really dumb not to.

Why in the world would JGQ and Yee cut off their own legs by signing right before the QB market resets when they have no reason in the world to do so?

He took an 0-9 team on a six game win streak and that team also has 115 million in cap room.

Like it or not, he's holding the cards, and not resigning him because he's acting as any reasonable person would is the type of self-harm that keeps teams sucking forever.

All of this. #truth......We have to play his game and he knows it. Talking to other FA's as a "just in case" in the meantime, would that exacerbate the negotioations with him?

And if he doesn't sign long-term then what?

And if he doesn't sign long-term then what?

Draft a FQB
If Cleveland wants to send us....

Myles Garrett
and some draft picks....
Round 1, picks 1 and 4.
Round 2 - 33, 35, and 63

They can have him.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
If Cleveland wants to send us....

Myles Garrett
and some draft picks....
Round 1, picks 1 and 4.
Round 2 - 33, 35, and 63

They can have him.

I think some people are slightly over-valueing Garappolo.
Just stick this in this Madden thread and people can post how they traded him and what they got for him.

Any talk of trading him shouldn't be taken seriously.
This post is Redondo Beach.
Share 49ersWebzone