There are 231 users in the forums

If Philly offered Wentz for Jimmy straight up, who would you want?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Philly offered Wentz for Jimmy straight up, who would you want?

I've been thinking about this lately...is there any QB in the entire NFL I'd take over Jimmy G right now?

No homerism....my answer was no. But Wentz seemed to be the only one close in my mind. I prefer Jimmy G and how he plays, but Wentz is the MVP of the league if he doesn't get injured. I still say Jimmy G, but if Philly offered a trade right now Wentz for Jimmy straight up, how many of you make the trade?

Is this a close call for any of you? If this has been asked then lock this up.
Easy no.
Good question. If you asked every gm to pick any qb for their franchise, I bet most would pick Wentz. Followed by jimmy.

But definitely no from me. Surprisingly jimmy is only one year older than wentz.
Nope. Would take Wentz AND some draft stock or talent to make me think about it.
Stop-Wentz is on a good team surrounded by talent-he will grow for sure, but I doubt Wentz would have done what he did with the niners like Jimmy did.

Jimmys release is ridiculous-Wentz doesn't even compare.
Taking into consideration his age and demonstrated skill, there isn't a single QB I would trade him for right now. I look at any player that is about the same age and has demonstrated a high level of play as a push, therefore there's no reason to make such a trade. Jimmy G with Kyle is about the best you could hope for from an offensive point of view, IMO.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Taking into consideration his age and demonstrated skill, there isn't a single QB I would trade him for right now. I look at any player that is about the same age and has demonstrated a high level of play as a push, therefore there's no reason to make such a trade. Jimmy G with Kyle is about the best you could hope for from an offensive point of view, IMO.

Exactly my thoughts
Plus Wentz is injured.. Scrambling ability could be different going forward.
I think Wentz is going to be a great QB, if we had a different offense with a different HC I might choose him.

Jimmy & Kyle just seem perfect for each other though, it is much closer than us homers would like to admit!
Jimmy hands down

• Garce
  • Veteran
I would give him up for Wentz but that would never happen
Wentz is really good but Jimmy G may go to the top of the QB class in a short period of time.
James Richard Garoppolo.
After laughing in their face it would be a hard NO!!
What JG did with the 49ers talent starved offense can't be overstated! Not many QB's can have that kind of instant impact.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Feb 1, 2018 at 6:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone