LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
He is gonna kill it over there. Redskins are in a gnarly bad division and I don't think they make the playoffs but I'd be surprised if they don't contend. KC on the other hand is probably gonna stumble a bit.

You must've missed the 2017 season lol
Sometimes bad means good. Is everyone on this forum this literal these days?
Lol
Originally posted by teylo31:
49er fans sure love them some alex smith. I dont make it the nfl thread often but when i do this thread is usually at the top

i know right
  • dj43
Originally posted by KP82:
He is gonna kill it over there. Redskins are in a gnarly bad division and I don't think they make the playoffs but I'd be surprised if they don't contend. KC on the other hand is probably gonna stumble a bit.

You must've missed the 2017 season lol
Sometimes bad means good. Is everyone on this forum this literal these days?

Some are. Some aren't.

In general, terms that are well understood in the Parking Lot may not be understood in the same way in other forums.
49er fans sure love them some alex smith. I dont make it the nfl thread often but when i do this thread is usually at the top

Love or hate. Kaepernick was enormously popular here at one time just because he wasn't Alex Smith. Some of the love for Smith now is probably a backlash to that. I would say that Alex was an okay prospect that was drafted too early based on need, and then thrown in the deep end when he should have been brought along more slowly. His failures were not all his fault, and I'm glad to see him finding some success now.
I could see Skins beating Dallas, NY. Maybe Dallas twice.

But not Eagles - not once.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Idk, skins have a steep hill to climb, and look out when the weather gets cold
Oh.. Niner fans?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Agree

I hate the Giants more than any team in the NFL - but they have added some key pieces and have a better coach.

I still feel Alex will beat them and the Cowboys.

I don't know the rest of their schedule.

IMO, Alex will play really well until playoff time rolls around.
  • KP82
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Agree

I hate the Giants more than any team in the NFL - but they have added some key pieces and have a better coach.

I still feel Alex will beat them and the Cowboys.

I don't know the rest of their schedule.

IMO, Alex will play really well until playoff time rolls around.

Playoffs ? Playoffs?

Washington won't even sniff the postseason...

Depends how good Guice is. Alex is going to struggle to pass the ball. He's got a tight end who can't stay healthy and that's about it. It's a new system for him and he's notoriously cautious. Don't expect to see last year's Alex. But if they can get a ground game he's still a proven winner.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Depends how good Guice is. Alex is going to struggle to pass the ball. He's got a tight end who can't stay healthy and that's about it. It's a new system for him and he's notoriously cautious. Don't expect to see last year's Alex. But if they can get a ground game he's still a proven winner.

The Redskins drastically underachieved for the talent level. They are strong in the secondary and have a very talented front seven on defense. On offense, they have a talented OL and a strong TE group when they're healthy (look at the numbers, Vernon was actually a top 10 TE last year). WR is very average and will depend on the emergence of Josh Doctson, he'll have to make a big step in year three and stay healthy for the passing game to have much success. The other part of that is they have to run the ball better.

Stat check: They were 21st in time of possession and 5th worst in turnover differential. Alex should definitely help on that part. Last year, Cousins had a career high 13 interceptions and 13 fumbles (5 lost). Cousins had three straight years of double-digit INT totals. Smith hasn't thrown double-digit INTs since 2010.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 29, 2018 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Would've loved to see what he could do in Cleveland, but they were the furthest team from being a contender. It's obvious why they didn't trade him to Denver, but that would've been awesome to see too.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Would've loved to see what he could do in Cleveland, but they were the furthest team from being a contender. It's obvious why they didn't trade him to Denver, but that would've been awesome to see too.

I wouldn't call Washington a contender based on their last couple of seasons. Still, anything is better than Cleveland. I'm pretty curious to see how he does there. I suspect he'll get them into the play-offs as a wild card. I don't think they win their division. The eagles are pretty darn good.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I wouldn't call Washington a contender based on their last couple of seasons. Still, anything is better than Cleveland. I'm pretty curious to see how he does there. I suspect he'll get them into the play-offs as a wild card. I don't think they win their division. The eagles are pretty darn good.
Wild card, in the NFC ? Skins would need to get 11 wins
Share 49ersWebzone