LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Where does the Diggs Catch Rank for All Time Finishes?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Where does the Diggs Catch Rank for All Time Finishes?

It was a normal catch nothing special to the catch itself. With normal circumstances with the corner not dropping and the safety not being just stupid he is tackled right after making the catch.
The Saints Defense deserves the credit for making a catch into a walk off TD.
It's only fitting that Minnesota gets some good fortune. The original Hail Mary came against them
It's #1 and it's not even close.
You can't be top-10 out of the gate. The great ones get better with time. It's why The Catch and The Immaculate Reception are so special. They take on added importance because both fan bases and knowledgeable sports fans look at those plays and catches that launched dynasties. For now, it's top 20. History will dictate if it gets to be higher.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
It's #1 and it's not even close.

LOL
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You can't be top-10 out of the gate. The great ones get better with time. It's why The Catch and The Immaculate Reception are so special. They take on added importance because both fan bases and knowledgeable sports fans look at those plays and catches that launched dynasties. For now, it's top 20. History will dictate if it gets to be higher.

Really good point. If this play gets them the momentum they need to beat the Eagles, play at home in the SB, and beat the AFC team (Jags/Pats), it'll be one of the greatest stories in NFL history.

Your #1 QB is out. Your #2 QB is out. Your #1 RB is out. And that play propels you to overcome the adversity and win a ring. f**king magical.

The steelers lost the afc title game a week after the immaculate reception. Didnt win their 1st super bowl until 2 years later
It almost looked like he whiffed on purpose. A gift, put and simple.
dude was in field goal range with about 4 seconds left and a TO but still an amazing moment for Vikings fans.

I'm rooting for the underdog. I'm tired of these same old nose in the air teams going deep into the playoffs every year.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jan 16, 2018 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

The steelers lost the afc title game a week after the immaculate reception. Didnt win their 1st super bowl until 2 years later

They also never won a playoff game, or anything of significance save for maybe the division title that year, in their 35 year history or something of the matter until that game. To the outsider, that game was the first sign that the Steelers are here.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dude was in field goal range with about 4 seconds left and a TO but still an amazing moment for Vikings fans.

I'm rooting for the underdog. I'm tired of these same old nose in the air teams going deep into the playoffs every year.

Vikings had no timeouts.

And even if he did get out of bounds, do you think Vikings fans are okay with settling for a 53-yard field goal to win a playoff game? Lol.

not as good as this .
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Vikings had no timeouts.

And even if he did get out of bounds, do you think Vikings fans are okay with settling for a 53-yard field goal to win a playoff game? Lol.
He caught the ball at the 30 with 4 seconds left TO GO out of bounds .

Thats your average extra point kick.

Still a great play and who knows if that kicker would've botched it.

Vikings had no timeouts.

You're not adding the 10 yards the end zone is plus the 7 yards back the holder is. From the 30 its a 47 yarder. An extra point is like 33 yards
Originally posted by crabman82:

Vikings had no timeouts.

You're not adding the 10 yards the end zone is plus the 7 yards back the holder is. From the 30 its a 47 yarder. An extra point is like 33 yards
The record is kicked from the 36 yard line
Share 49ersWebzone