There are 133 users in the forums

Le'Veon Bell RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
$15 million for an MVP candidate is more than fair.

Naaaaa, just give me Michel or Guise for a fraction of the cost.
Originally posted by 4912:

This😉
Le'Veon Bell Watch is officially on
Originally posted by 9ergang42:

This😉

You guys are nuts.

Yearly MVP candidate > someone who has never taken a snap
  • evil
  • Veteran

Not by comparison to what the position is valued at in this league.
I would take Le'veon Bell in a second if he ever became available. It's silly to think the 49ers should ignore the idea.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

This😉

You guys are nuts.

Give me a franchise like NE where it's been RB by committee all the way to 5 Super Bowls

This😉

You guys are nuts.

Give me a franchise like NE where it's been RB by committee all the way to 5 Super Bowls

Yeah because that should be the standard. Lol

This😉

You guys are nuts.

Yeah because that should be the standard. Lol

Look around the league, it's becoming the standard.

How many superstar QBs have a superstar RB and WR?

We are already going to have a big portion of the cap tied up in Garropolo and too much young talent on the defense that will need to be paid for at some point, why risk $15 mill on a RB when RB is one of the highest risk positions as far as injury and so many RBs have signed huge deals just to flame out or be sub par when they get their huge new contracts?

No thanks. Give me you hungry talent and surround them with other young talents that are out to prove themselves too.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

It's about value to your team and a guy like Bell would open up a ton of different things for this offense.

Nobody is paying Bell $15m, including the Steelers on a second tag, and including us. I'd like to get him, and he costs no draft capital, so a little extra cap expenditure might make sense. A shorter contract would be in order in case of injury and our future cap needs and our other running back development.
  • evil
  • Veteran

It's about value to your team and a guy like Bell would open up a ton of different things for this offense.

Yup value to your team. Hyde and Brieda combined had similar production to Bell, at a fraction of the cost.

They do not force opposing defenses to gameplan against them but they put up good enough numbers combined with a lesser OL blocking for them and without the same cast of pass catchers that help keep defense honest. Bell is by far a better overall back, but his value to this team or Kyles offense is not worth twice what Freeman is making.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Yup value to your team. Hyde and Brieda combined had similar production to Bell, at a fraction of the cost.

They do not force opposing defenses to gameplan against them but they put up good enough numbers combined with a lesser OL blocking for them and without the same cast of pass catchers that help keep defense honest. Bell is by far a better overall back, but his value to this team or Kyles offense is not worth twice what Freeman is making.
Are you really comparing a Hyde and Brieda combo to Bell? This is the NFL not baseball you can't use analytics to build a roster...Browns are the example of this.
[ Edited by jcs on Jan 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM ]
We can not commit a long term contract to a FA RB. If we can sign Bell to a massive payday on a 2 year deal, sign me up. We give him anything longer and it will cripple the team down the line.

We more than have the cap room to pay him a ton right now on a short deal, so I wouldn't hate bringing him in if it's on our terms.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Are you really comparing a Hyde and Brieda combo to Bell? This is the NFL not baseball you can't use analytics to build a roster...Browns are the example of this.

I compared production, no less no more.

Look at what Kyle did in Atlanta with Freeman/Coleman. Bell is a massive luxury at 15 million given the holes this roster still has and that we have and will have more extensions coming up.

You have not shown anything otherwise.
Share 49ersWebzone