LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Le'Veon Bell RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If y'all believe this I'll get you a cut rate discount on some awesome beachfront property just outside of Yuma.

Right...Bell is so full of crap. That dude isn't retiring. You don't go from pay me 15 mil a year like a boss and also just so you know if you tag me, I'll retire and make no mil a year.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Right...Bell is so full of crap. That dude isn't retiring. You don't go from pay me 15 mil a year like a boss and also just so you know if you tag me, I'll retire and make no mil a year.

Yep. Reminds me of the joke about the guy who catches his wife in bed with another man, pulls out a gun, puts it to his own head and when she busts out laughing he says "don't laugh, you're next!"

Nobody believes that Bell would actually retire, least of all not the Steelers.

Yep. Reminds me of the joke about the guy who catches his wife in bed with another man, pulls out a gun, puts it to his own head and when she busts out laughing he says "don't laugh, you're next!"

Haha yep

How's he going to shoot her after he shoots himself?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Fight Club scenario.

If y'all believe this I'll get you a cut rate discount on some awesome beachfront property just outside of Yuma.

yeah what an ass. He should be spending his time like Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers: Obsessing on the Pats when they should be focusing on the game THIS week against the Jags
Originally posted by LenCat:

yeah what an ass. He should be spending his time like Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers: Obsessing on the Pats when they should be focusing on the game THIS week against the Jags

Someone like this I do no want on our team no matter the talent.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by LenCat:

Someone like this I do no want on our team no matter the talent.

I'll take him!!
Would anyone really be mad if we got Bell for $15-16 mill per year? Elite backs with his skillset don't grow on trees. Oh BTW he has had a weed "thing" a couple times previously which is worse than Reuben got caught with the other day, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jan 14, 2018 at 3:01 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Would anyone really be mad if we got Bell for $15-16 mill per year? Elite backs with his skillset don't grow on trees. Oh BTW he has had a weed "thing" a couple times previously which is worse than Reuben got caught with the other day, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Yes. We have too many other holes that still need fixed and paying him just about twice as much as the next highest paid back in the league is a massive luxury.

Better to use our money to fill more crucial positions and keep some for future extensions then overpaying for Bell.

Just once i would love to see a player hold out until week 10. I think bell may be a candidate for that.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Yes. We have too many other holes that still need fixed and paying him just about twice as much as the next highest paid back in the league is a massive luxury.

Better to use our money to fill more crucial positions and keep some for future extensions then overpaying for Bell.
$117.8 million in cap room says otherwise. That number can also easily go up with a few cuts and trades.
This fool had the worst timing.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

$117.8 million in cap room says otherwise. That number can also easily go up with a few cuts and trades.

And needs all across the board. Unused cap space needs to roll forward for future extensions and potential future FA acquisitions.

We can better spend our money elsewhere. He is good but not 15 million a year good considering we are not a run first and run heavy type of offense.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

And needs all across the board. Unused cap space needs to roll forward for future extensions and potential future FA acquisitions.

We can better spend our money elsewhere. He is good but not 15 million a year good considering we are not a run first and run heavy type of offense.

$15 million for an MVP candidate is more than fair.
Share 49ersWebzone