There are 205 users in the forums

Should The Pats have traded Brady instead?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should The Pats have traded Brady instead?

So how long will Brady play for? I give him 2 years.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If they don't win the superbowl then yes.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Some of these are funny:

49er's trade nixed: Steve Young for Derrick Thomas by Daniel Perreau » Sun, 22 Mar 1992 09:30:54

Quote:

>I just read in the San Francisco Chronicle today that the 49er's offered
>Steve Young strait up for Derrick Thomas...and the Chiefs turned down the
>deal.
>Can someone please explain the logic of this to me? Am I missing some
>vital piece of information. How could the Chiefs turn this down...
>-David

Well, thef answer is simple, the Chiefs just signed 3 time Pro-Bowl quarterback
Dave Krieg on Plan B. I personally think Dave is a better qb than Young, and
an injured Young is not worth a healthy Derrick Thomas.
Now I am not going to say that Dave Krieg is the second coming of Bart Starr
or anything, but I think he is the perfect qb for the Chiefs. The Chiefs are
a move the chains kind of team with a solid offensive line and good run
support. The last time Dave had a line like this was with the Hawks in '84
when he threw 32 td's and

Wow, where did that come from, pure gold! One guy mocked the thought of Young as a hall of famer.

Here's another, but they're all worth a read:

"You must be a 9ers fans not to understand why the Chiefs turned down
this deal. (Not to mean that all 9ers fans wouldn't understand this)
I wouldn't traded one of the best (THE best in my opinion) for an
overrated 2nd stringer. This makes total sense to me. The Chiefs
were looking to trade a RB and the 9ers insult them by asking for
Thomas. nuff said..."
shaun
Originally posted by English:
So how long will Brady play for? I give him 2 years.

He will play until he gets creamed. He already runs like he has dual knee replacements.
I think that they traded Jimmy G to us because he told them he would not stay and be a backup. He wanted to play. So they let him go and got something in return for him. They might have gotten more if they had played hardball, but they liked him enough to give him a good place to come to, and out of the division.
To this I'm reminded that it's better to trade a player a year or two too soon instead of holding on to a player a year or two too long.
Everyone is saying a year or two like it's concrete?

What if Bill and Robert are right and he plays for 3-4 years. We just don't know.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM ]
I considered this question for about 2 seconds and then said hell no
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KP82:
He still has it. Pats are the number one seed in the AFC. They play in a piss poor division. Their biggest (arguably only) competition in the conference is Pittsburgh, a team they've owned during the Belicheck era.

Pats made the right move. Brady will be around for a few more years...
franchises

I agree, and they have a 2nd pick in a draft that is supposedly one of the deepest QB drafts in recent years. Win/win for both franchises.
No, Brady is amazing and the way he prepares can play for another 3 years, and maybe win another couple of Super Bowls.

Also a big factor is that he's played on team friendly deals for ages, can't screw him over now.

They had a feeling Jimmy would be great, but the sample size was way too small to trade Brady.

They did the right thing, thankfully for us

Tough decision, Idk
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
No, Brady is amazing and the way he prepares can play for another 3 years, and maybe win another couple of Super Bowls.

Also a big factor is that he's played on team friendly deals for ages, can't screw him over now.

They had a feeling Jimmy would be great, but the sample size was way too small to trade Brady.

They did the right thing, thankfully for us

I feel the bolded, good points. We had 3 years of Young to look at, we knew what we had.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Brady was scared of getting traded , and let Kraft know.

This. If they fell short he didn't want Jimmy over his shoulder. Now he can retire as he pleases there.
I was reading something about Brady being really worried during that 4 game suspension about Jimmy. He won't let another QB on the field even in garbage time. I think what the Pats should have done is told Brady this year was his last hurrah.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I was reading something about Brady being really worried during that 4 game suspension about Jimmy. He won't let another QB on the field even in garbage time. I think what the Pats should have done is told Brady this year was his last hurrah.

This right here...
Told Brady this is his last year and 2018 Jimmy is starting qb
Share 49ersWebzone