LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Can the Seahawks afford Hyde, Reid, Lynch, Ward?

Shop 49ers game tickets
How's their cap room?

I can feel Pete just licking his chops... not so much that these are Amazing players or that they would guarantee the Seahawks SuperBowls....

But players he knows that are good but could play above their abilty to stick it to their former team/coach.

Pete likes doing this.

Hyde could be available at the perfect time for the Seahawks.

As well as Reid. (if they lose Kam or Earl) The fact that Reid, Ward and even Lynch have had experience in Seattle's defense, would be an easier adjustment.

They have picked up some of our average players and have kept them around. Getting Reid and Hyde in their Primes would be one hell of a offseason for them.

I'm not too worried myself (besides maybe Lynch going there) but imo

I've seen the best of the Seahawks in the past... and we might have a MUCH better all around offensive players and coach to face them this time..

Marshawn Lynch > Hyde
Earl Thomas/Kam > Reid/Ward

We have experienced a tough division a few years ago... so no easy cake walk to the NFC West Title should be expected.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM ]
Meh. Dunno,dgaf,dont curr lol.
Can barely fit an index card in between their committed $ and the salary cap limit
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Pete is probably licking his chops to get our players that have been in shanahan's system to get some intel?
About 18 mil with 17 spots to fill. It ends up at next to nothing once you still going into detail.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They don't want those p***y ass players.
Originally posted by susweel:

But they want Mike Davis? Whils**t? Tukafu? (Sp?)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by susweel:

But they want Mike Davis? Whils**t? Tukafu? (Sp?)

Cheap noname players. Other than lynch most of the other guys will get decent contracts.
Ya seriously who cares if they get any or all of those players. Not like any of those guys are real difference makers. Carlos Hyde is a good back but behind a another terrible OLine in Seattle I'm not scared.
I think all of those players will end up being pretty cheap. If they cut/trade Sherman and Chancellor retires, they'll have room.

The better question is why would we care?

I can see Hyde going there if he doesn't stay here.

I gives a f about Reid and Ward. They're overrated trash.
Couldn't care less what Seattle does...this should be a banner off-season for us. I think Reid has a chance to re-sign w/Niners. For one, they wouldn't hold his protests against him, IMHO. For another, he'd be good depth, having played both FS and SS. Wouldn't earn starting money, most likely, but might be willing to continue his NFL career as a b/u. Or, some team may give him a shot as a starter. Could be Seattle or who knows what other team might offer him a contract.
The Seahawks are going to be hurting cap wise, they have like less than 40 guys signed for 2018, and only $18m in cap room for 2018, i think they will end up with like $12m when March rolls around, they will need to release or restructure some deals.
Are you really wasting time on this forum about the friggin seachickens? Who cares what former players they sign. Especially if they are Niners former players. If they have been jettisoned from the Niners, they ain't going anywhere and star. That's why they were jettisoned in the first place. Look at Mike Davis. He's just trying to actually hold on to the ball now. And I cannot wait to play against him again and make him fumble everytime he touches the ball.
Ward is under contract for another year.
Share 49ersWebzone