LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Friction going down between Belichick and Brady's guru

Shop 49ers game tickets
In 2013, as Tom Brady and Alex Guerrero prepared to launch their TB12 therapy center, Bill Belichick made clear during a sports medicine symposium that he trusted the medical and training staff the Patriots already had in place. He credited the team's staff with helping to win the franchise's first three Super Bowls.
In the years after, Belichick allowed many of Brady's teammates to participate in training regimens not with the Patriots' highly regarded medical and training staff, but at the TB12 Center just outside of the stadium in Patriot Place. Guerrero treated the players there with his alternative methods, and the TB12 Center billed the Patriots for his services.

Belichick also permitted Guerrero, Brady's close friend and business partner, to secure his own office near the Patriots locker room, fly on the team charter to road games, and receive credentials to work the sidelines of every game, home and away.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/19/bill-belichick-curbs-privileges-tom-brady-associate-alex-guerrero/NgoTiMHsA7UfWyG3jtquVI/story.html

But this season the Patriots coach has reversed course. For reasons he has declined to explain, Belichick weeks ago stripped Guerrero of his special team privileges, restoring a measure of tradition to the team's medical and training operation, according to several people familiar with the Patriots' internal operations.

Guerrero is now banned from boarding Patriots jets. His sideline access has been revoked. And he no longer is permitted to treat players other than Brady in his exclusive office at Gillette Stadium.

Tom Brady's Personal Guru Is a Glorified Snake-Oil Salesman

According to the FTC, Alex Guerrero faked being a doctor and claimed his products could cure cancer and concussions. These days, Guerrero's business partner is the greatest quarterback of all time.

He said his name was Dr. Alejandro Guerrero, and he had incredible news.

At his California clinic, Dr. Guerrero had been testing a nutritional supplement that—he claimed, according to affidavits filed in federal court—produced miraculous results. He said he'd conducted "clinical studies" of 200 patients who'd been diagnosed as terminally ill. They were suffering from ailments such as cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson's disease. And eight years later, all but eight had survived and he had incredible news.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2015/10/09/tom-brady-alex-guerrero-neurosafe/

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2017/12/20/much-concern-alex-guerrerobill-belichick-rift-patriots/

-Over the last few years, Guerrero's influence has grown inside the Patriots' locker room, as he now treats about 20 Patriots players.As that influence increased, Guerrero became more emboldened in the advice he dispensed, and more adamant that when his instructions conflicted with that of the Patriots' strength, training and medical staffs, the players were to follow his directives.

-This greatly agitated the Patriots' staff.One example: a Patriots starter was told by Guerrero not to do squats. When the strength staff made that part of the player's normal in-season workout, the player refused to do the exercise. That only added to the tension between the Patriots and Guerrero.In the early stages of the season,

-Belichick professionally informed Guerrero that the team wanted to keep everyone on the same page for the betterment of the franchise. Guerrero told a different account to many of his clients — one that painted Belichick in a poor light — which further damaged the relationship, perhaps to the point that it can't be repaired. With Brady as his top client, and with a business relationship with the Kraft family, Guerrero was largely allowed to do what he wanted.

-Consequently, Belichick was helpless when it came to dealing with Guerrero. It became more of an issue when his clientele went from a handful of Patriots players to nearly half of the roster.Guerrero is still allowed to treat Brady in the Patriots' facility in a private room, but his appearance in other parts of the building is an intentional irritant to Belichick.

-Guerrero has traveled to the team's locations to treat Brady on the quarterback's dime.The situation has absolutely become a source of friction between Brady and Belichick. But unless Brady forces the issue and demands Guerrero's reinstatement, no one believes it will affect the team on the field.But that hasn't stopped some behind the scenes at Gillette from referring to Guerrero as "Yoko Guerrero," in reference to Yoko Ono, the wife of John Lennon who some believe caused the breakup of The Beatles.

-There was an attempt to bring the three parties — Belichick, Brady and Robert Kraft — together to put the issue to bed prior to the game in Miami, but it didn't happen. It's not known whether another attempt will be made.Two sources said they believe the current arrangement is permanent.

-Belichick doesn't want to irritate his staff further by giving in on Guerrero. Brady is steadfast in his belief in and support of Guerrero. Kraft is basically trying to remain Switzerland between his Hall of Fame coach, and the franchise player he adores.
Cowherd was talking about a rift with Kraft and B.B.

This info confirms something is happening in the organization
That whole thing is worth reading for the "Yoko Guerrero" reference alone. LOL
This situation has been getting traction on all of the Sport Talk Shows …
If nothing more than for entertainment purposes, this story, is one I'll be following.
I almost forgot to mention … T
The university/college Guerrero attended, doesn't exist anymore !?
No more special treatment for the NLF's biggest b***h.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
No more special treatment for the NLF's biggest b***h.

haters gonna hate
Not really

Medical staff takes precedence over his cook
Maybe BB is starting to gear his team toward a life without brady. Sure he looks good this season but he is 40 and i know everyone hangs on his nuts but his clock is gonna tick very very soon

Originally posted by teylo31:
Maybe BB is starting to gear his team toward a life without brady. Sure he looks good this season but he is 40 and i know everyone hangs on his nuts but his clock is gonna tick very very soon

Most talking heads I've listened to since the trade, believe Hoodie, will retire once Brady is no longer a Patriot … I'm in that camp as well.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Most talking heads I've listened to since the trade, believe Hoodie, will retire once Brady is no longer a Patriot … I'm in that camp as well.

Could be or why get rid of Jimmy?

who knows. If he gets another garapollo caliber guy who knows. I kind of agree with you though but talking heads are just that

who knows. If he gets another garapollo caliber guy who knows. I kind of agree with you though but talking heads are just that

This is what I think is going on with the Pats and Hoodie …

I think Bill was ready go Bill Walsh, with regards to TB … and either let Brady go,
or open up the QB contest once OTA' and Training Camp began … but:
  • Brady/Team had just won the Super Bowl
  • Jimmy showed well in Camp and Pre-season … but, Brady is Brady
  • FO decides to adhere to Toms wishes to play beyond 40; roll-the-dice, and stay with Brady … meanwhile
  • Jimmy although appreciative (like Steve Young), wants to play now, and not 4 seasons from now
  • Jimmy and Hoodie had a convo … Jimmy politely let Hoodie know of his desires and intent
  • Bill offers Jimmy the moon to stay … maybe for just one more season ???
  • Jimmy & Brady have the same agent … and Jimmy's agent was [probably] like anywhere but Cleveland, on the trade partner
  • although the Browns, were willing to give up the farm for Jimmy
  • Hoodie calls John … you know the rest

I believe what Hoodie is doing, is making sure his team is Laser Focused on the Lombardi, and nothing else.
As you stated, the clock is ticking … not just on Brady, but for their Franchise, and their run as well.

History and Sport, are cyclical … re: the run of the SF 49ers (1981-2002). All good things come to an end.
I think Hoodie, wants to get into the Jerry Rice Neighbourhood of the NFL, by winning their 6th SB this season.
By JR neighbourhood, I mean this: many a great WR have played the game … there are many good to great
ones, currently in the game.

I ask you this, what are the chances a WR catches and surpasses JR' TD record. And even if someone does so,
there will be an asterisk -- or there should be -- next to their name (IMO). My reasoning: because Rice, didn't play
in the wide open, can't touch the QB or WR passing era of the NFL.

Basically, trying to put even more distance between them and those yet to come … it's about their Legacy
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Dec 22, 2017 at 9:41 PM ]
If they manage to win the sb this year it will be the 2nd time they've won 3 in 4 years
Share 49ersWebzone