LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

HBO hard knocks

Shop 49ers game tickets
While it would be fun to see them behind the scenes, I'd hate for the distraction of this. I can't imagine a better push for HBO than us right now. There's no stopping HBO for requesting us either. At this point can you see any other team that HBO would rather have?

The only way to avoid avoid mandatory inclusion.
1) They have a first-year head coach in place; 2) They have a playoff berth in the past two seasons; 3) They have appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years.
Previous Hard Knocks
Dallas Cowboys (2008)
Cincinnati Bengals (2009)
New York Jets (2010)
Cancelled (2011)
Miami Dolphins (2012)
Cincinnati Bengals (2013)
Atlanta Falcons (2014)
Houston Texans (2015)
Los Angeles Rams (2016)
Tampa Bay Bucs (2017)

Playoff team (edited for duplicates):
New England Patriots (2016)
Kansas City Chiefs (2016)
Pittsburgh Steelers (2016)
Seattle Seahawks (2016)
Green Bay Packers (2016)
Oakland Raiders (2016)
New York Giants (2016)
Detroit Lions (2016)

Pending Playoff Teams:
Minn Vikings (2017)
Philly Eagles (2017)
New Orleans Saints (2017)
Carolina Panthers (2017)
Jax Jaguars (2017)

I could also see the Chargers, Bears, or Broncos; however, I would agree that with the Jimmy G acquisition, this is a definite possibility.

Other possible teams: Bills, Browns (potential coaching change), Titans (possible playoff team), Baltimore (possible playoff team), Redskins, Cardinals, Colts
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Dec 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM ]
We also have a huge market and national fan base. Its a real possibility.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I hope they finally pick us. You know John Lynch loves the camera.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Previous Hard Knocks
Dallas Cowboys (2008)
New York Jets (2010)
Cancelled (2011)
Miami Dolphins (2012)
Atlanta Falcons (2014)
Houston Texans (2015)
Los Angeles Rams (2016)
Tampa Bay Bucs (2017)

Seattle Seahawks (2016)
Green Bay Packers (2016)
Oakland Raiders (2016)
New York Giants (2016)
Detroit Lions (2016)

Pending Playoff Teams:
Minn Vikings (2017)
Philly Eagles (2017)
Carolina Panthers (2017)
Jax Jaguars (2017)

I could also see the Chargers, Bears, or Broncos; however, I would agree that with the Jimmy G acquisition, this is a definite possibility.

Other possible teams: Bills, Browns (potential coaching change), Titans (possible playoff team), Baltimore (possible playoff team), Redskins, Cardinals, Colts

So I think it really comes down to SF, LAC, CHI, DEN, CLE, WSH, IND, TEN, AZ. (I think the Browns keep Hue, I think the Titans miss the playoffs, I think Buf gets a new coach.)

If I am HBO the 49ers are a shoe in.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Previous Hard Knocks
Dallas Cowboys (2008)
New York Jets (2010)
Cancelled (2011)
Miami Dolphins (2012)
Atlanta Falcons (2014)
Houston Texans (2015)
Los Angeles Rams (2016)
Tampa Bay Bucs (2017)

Seattle Seahawks (2016)
Green Bay Packers (2016)
Oakland Raiders (2016)
New York Giants (2016)
Detroit Lions (2016)

Pending Playoff Teams:
Minn Vikings (2017)
Philly Eagles (2017)
Carolina Panthers (2017)
Jax Jaguars (2017)

So I think it really comes down to SF, LAC, CHI, DEN, CLE, WSH, IND, TEN, AZ. (I think the Browns keep Hue, I think the Titans miss the playoffs, I think Buf gets a new coach.)

IND, AZ, CHI probably get new coaches. A thread was started in the parking lot too and the fact we are talking about it and most here dont want it seems like a good bet we are up next. I hope not.
Honestly, I don't think there would be a better choice for this show next season than the 49ers. Hot young QB, young head coach with sexy offense, great TV guy in the GM. Flashy personalities at various positions on defense. I really hope we don't get picked because I don't like the distraction, but we really would be a wise choice.
As much as i fear distractions i would LOVE to get some insight into our team.
THis would be absolutely fantastic

They do?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

They do?

Anthem kneelers & democrats

God no. I really dont want that much exposure.. I dunno. I believe in the "evil eye" and haters implementing evil upon you/us lol.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 20, 2017 at 2:27 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Honestly, I don't think there would be a better choice for this show next season than the 49ers. Hot young QB, young head coach with sexy offense, great TV guy in the GM. Flashy personalities at various positions on defense. I really hope we don't get picked because I don't like the distraction, but we really would be a wise choice.

I dont want to get picked because it always pumps the guys they spotlight higher in fantasy drafts.... the niners were going to be my ticket to the championship next year
  • evil
  • Veteran

Doubtful. They hired McDermott this past offseason then fired the GM the day after the draft to replace him with a man who came from the Panthers org. so someone with obvious ties to McDermott.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:

Doubtful. They hired McDermott this past offseason then fired the GM the day after the draft to replace him with a man who came from the Panthers org. so someone with obvious ties to McDermott.

8-6 gets you fired WTH?
Don't want to fall in to the hype trap. It's not worth all the distractions.
Share 49ersWebzone