LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Can we get Delanie Walker back?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Losing this dude was probably the biggest loss for this team. Now that's an OW, not fkn jizzneck.

Originally posted by NCommand:
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/13/delanie-walker-jim-harbaugh-was-trying-to-bring-me-back-to-49ers/

Wow. Unless JH was being 2 faced to him that really shows who screwed this offense up. The ability to run and pass out of those 2 tight end sets is what drove JH's offense. Delanie was a mismatch nightmare even though he was a bit frustrating with the drops.

I'm fairly certain I was on the fence with him. On the one hand I loved Gronk/ Aaron and I saw that dynamic but we were also against the cap and a backup te with the dropsies seems replaceable. Unfortunately Vance and Vernon never clicked the same.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/13/delanie-walker-jim-harbaugh-was-trying-to-bring-me-back-to-49ers/

Wow. Unless JH was being 2 faced to him that really shows who screwed this offense up. The ability to run and pass out of those 2 tight end sets is what drove JH's offense. Delanie was a mismatch nightmare even though he was a bit frustrating with the drops.

I'm fairly certain I was on the fence with him. On the one hand I loved Gronk/ Aaron and I saw that dynamic but we were also against the cap and a backup te with the dropsies seems replaceable. Unfortunately Vance and Vernon never clicked the same.

f**k Jed and Baalke
I'm just glad as hell that we did well in drafting Walker's replacement in McDonald though...how did Baalke keep his job for so long and manage to keep a good face through all this?
Waker will forever be one of my all time favorite Niners from the Harbaugh era, not just as a player but as a quality human being. Yeah he'd have his on-field lapses, but comparing him to his replacement... But yeah, no surprise this is getting dropped as another Baalke f**k up.
Originally posted by jcs:

f**k Jed and Baalke

Wow, not often one of your posts gets validated like that!!! Check out #4 in this thread!!!

Cheers NC!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
We should have kept DW and let VD walk so he could "work on his brand."
It'd be too little too late. Can't live in the past anymore
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
It'd be too little too late. Can't live in the past anymore

Bring back Gore and walker!

Walker was great...many references to him being our Swiss Army knife which was the precursor term for OW.
Losing this dude was probably the biggest loss for this team. Now that's an OW, not fkn jizzneck.
Was not THE factor by any means.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Back then, nobody would have said that.

Baalke made a lot of bad draft picks but he was pretty darn good in FA. Letting Delaine Walker go was a huge mistake obviously. They could have traded Vernon Davis for a 2nd rd pick to and kept Delaine. Oh well
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Walker was great...many references to him being our Swiss Army knife which was the precursor term for OW.

it was and maybe he still will be. but the walker ship has sailed... we need to bring in a young tight end whether it be the draft or free agency who can be an actual number one. i am sick of these guys we have who are 2 3 and 4s on any other teams depth chart,. i am sick of people saying.. we need him for depth.,. we need some bonofide players and playmakers who are not on the down side of their career now that we finally have a qb... which of course means zip if the powers to be do not fix the dang line
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Was not THE factor by any means.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Back then, nobody would have said that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-te-vernon-davis-on-skipping-otas-its-about-building-my-brand/
Share 49ersWebzone