LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Can we get Delanie Walker back?

Shop 49ers game tickets
We've seen him flash a bit with Kap and bail out Alex against NYG and SEA....

Could only imagine bringing him back home. Can't imagine a TE in the NFL I'd want more.

When can we get him?
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
He's entering his mid 30's so it would have to be soon and a team friendly deal.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Losing this dude was probably the biggest loss for this team. Now that's an OW, not fkn jizzneck.
I actually think this was the turning point in the Harbaugh/Baalke/Jed era. I think Harbaugh was so p*ssed about Delanie not being re-signed the two could no longer work together.

I think they then took it to Jed and we know who's side he took.

He wanted starter money, Harbaugh argues that he started two TE's so he was a starter and we ship him out and draft Vance McDonald!

The good thing is that I can't see that happening with this front office, Delanie would be a stud in our offense but no way the Titans let him go, he is literally their passing offense
Imagine if we just kept some certain pieces like Walker, Crabtree, and Gore. Even Ted Ginn Jr. has been playing solid ball the past 5 years.
I think that train left the station.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I dont mind What we currently have but Delanie would be great for the RZ.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I actually think this was the turning point in the Harbaugh/Baalke/Jed era. I think Harbaugh was so p*ssed about Delanie not being re-signed the two could no longer work together.

He wanted starter money, Harbaugh argues that he started two TE's so he was a starter and we ship him out and draft Vance McDonald!

The good thing is that I can't see that happening with this front office, Delanie would be a stud in our offense but no way the Titans let him go, he is literally their passing offense

Walker figured things out once he became a true #1 TE and Vernon was the highest paid TE in football at the time. A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I'd suggest some of you go look at the Delanie thread when he became a FA and see what people were saying back then about resigning him, such as this sus classic "nope. he has feet for hands"
Another Baalke f**k up move

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You can't get players back they are aging. Time to find the next Delanie Walker.
Originally posted by walker807:

Walker figured things out once he became a true #1 TE and Vernon was the highest paid TE in football at the time. A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I'd suggest some of you go look at the Delanie thread when he became a FA and see what people were saying back then about resigning him, such as this sus classic "nope. he has feet for hands"

This. Lots of revisionist history here. At the time, Vernon was putting up like 16 yards per catch. Huge big play threat from the tight end position and our only homerun threat since Roman only thought to use Randy Moss as a decoy. Too many of us making it up as we go along.
Sounds like you want Dimitri Flowers

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/13/delanie-walker-jim-harbaugh-was-trying-to-bring-me-back-to-49ers/
Share 49ersWebzone