There are 212 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by contrarios:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Does Mike LaFleur, 49ers wide receivers/ passing game coordinator, go with his brother to Titans if Matt gets the HC job?

Matt Maiocco said he doesn't think so for whatever that's worth. Why did Mike Silver tweet to look for Josh McDaniels to emerge as the favorite for Titans HC vacancy when it's like the worst kept secret he's going to the Colts? #dumbass
Originally posted by Kolohe:
  • I'm surprised no one has brought up the name Todd Wash DC for Jags, shoot I think he's done a much better job than Matt Patricia.

Originally posted by Fincham11:
  • Pats D has struggled a lot this year

During the Patriots game, it was mentioned that Patricia runs a "bend but don't break defence" … unlike an attacking one.
If that's true, the reason it works IMO, is Brady. Question being, will the same scheme work in Detroit with Stafford ?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Matt Maiocco said he doesn't think so for whatever that's worth. Why did Mike Silver tweet to look for Josh McDaniels to emerge as the favorite for Titans HC vacancy when it's like the worst kept secret he's going to the Colts? #dumbass

it's been talked about since last yr the McDaniels and the Titans were linked. I think s**t was too far a long with the Colts
Josh McDaniels pretty much has pick on the rest of the job openings - mainly Titans and Colts. I'm guessing whoever brings the bigger jar of vaseline to the table probably lands him.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Josh McDaniels pretty much has pick on the rest of the job openings - mainly Titans and Colts. I'm guessing whoever brings the bigger jar of vaseline to the table probably lands him.

Well I guess I spoke too soon

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-carousel-josh-mcdaniels-a-virtual-lock-to-be-named-colts-coach/

Well I guess I spoke too soon

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-carousel-josh-mcdaniels-a-virtual-lock-to-be-named-colts-coach/

Actually, I'm glad this guy won't be in the NFC.
Colts: McDaniels
Giants: Shurmer
Lions: Patricia
Raiders: Gruden
Bears: Nagy
Cards: ?
Titans: ?
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 16, 2018 at 6:38 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Seen some Titans fans hoping they bring Schwartz back with DeFilippo as his OC. Cannot interview him until next week though.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Cowboys LB coach and passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus expected to be McDaniels DC in Indy.
Originally posted by evil:
Cowboys LB coach and passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus expected to be McDaniels DC in Indy.

Not saying it won't happen, but I can't see Jerry Jones just letting that happen. More than likely he blocks the move for some kind of compensation.

Unlike the Ken Norton Jr. situation in Santa Clara, Jones won't be doing McDaniels any favors.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vermonator:

Not saying it won't happen, but I can't see Jerry Jones just letting that happen. More than likely he blocks the move for some kind of compensation.

Unlike the Ken Norton Jr. situation in Santa Clara, Jones won't be doing McDaniels any favors.

And why is that, does Jones have a personal vendetta against McDaniels?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I don't quite understand all the love for Patrica

Producing a top 10 D every year with average to below average talent is pretty impressive imo.

Lol
Hmmm, I mean, there head coach may have just a little to do with that wouldn't you think.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:

Teams don't deny assistants the opportunity for promotions. It is extremely rare. Front office personnel is a different story.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Colts: McDaniels
Giants: Shurmer
Lions: Patricia
Raiders: Gruden
Bears: Nagy
Cards: ?
Titans: ?

If I'm the Cards I'd go after Pete Carmichael, make Joe Lombardi my OC but call the plays like Payton did and bring in Drew Brees.

or

Todd Wash, hire Rick Dennison for OC and bring in Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And why is that, does Jones have a personal vendetta against McDaniels?

NO, but he has a history of wanting something back in return.
Share 49ersWebzone