LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Browns fired VP Sashi Brown. Can't see Hue staying much longer. Don't know what HC will want to go there either.

Browns tried to think outside the box and went too far outside the box. You hire an attorney and a guy with a baseball management background to lead your football front office and operations and it's no wonder they've only won one game the last two seasons combined. They need to bring some real football people in and give them the time and resources to fix that mess.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2017 at 7:50 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Browns fired VP Sashi Brown. Can't see Hue staying much longer. Don't know what HC will want to go there either.

I see Hue Jackson getting one more year.

Despite the Browns having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.
Hue needs to take a QB at #1, something to excite the fan base.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GEEK:
My predictions:

NYG: Caserio for GM, McDaniels for HC
CHI: Pat Shurmur, OC for Vikings
CLE: Jim Schwartz, DC for Eagles
CIN: Frank Reich, OC for Eagles
IND: Dave Toub, DT for Chiefs

I don't think TB or DEN will fire their coaches yet.

What an awful year to need to hire a HC. Outside of McDaniels and Toub.....gross.

Yep. Credit Jed York for not getting trigger happy on the hire.

I think guys like Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Brian Kelly, and Jon Gruden will have their names circulate for these openings. The caveat of their hiring will stem on the GM and personnel control. If I was Haslam, I'd go all in for Harbaugh. He'd be the savior for that franchise like he was for the 49ers. Reunite Roman and Fangio as coordinators. With Rosen #1 overall, you got the QB of the future and a slew of Day 1/2 picks to address other needs.

I am still not sure the Jedi made that decision and we know the doctor york didnt . My money was on Denise. She does run a mean hockey franchise. I think she and eddie were the brains in that family, not son nor husband.

Yeah there was that report by lacanfora saying that Denise and John were taking some of Jeds power away from him. She also interviewed Tom Cable. Maybe lacanfora wasn't making s**t up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think they go Saquan Barkley and trade for AJ McArron. It's pretty obvious Jackson will go after McArron in the off season when Jackson was introducing McArron to Jimmy Haslam at the Browns vs Bengals game.

or!!!

They could take Saquan Barkley #1 overall then go Lamar Jackson with their second 1st round pick that will probably be in the top 10.

But I think they trade for McArron.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Browns tried to think outside the box and went too far outside the box. You hire an attorney and a guy with a baseball management background to lead your football front office and operations and it's no wonder they've only won one game the last two seasons combined. They need to bring some real football people in and give them the time and resources to fix that mess.

Hue Jackson part of the problem too. So much overrated when he got hired from the Bengals. You look at his offensive resume, he was never more than your average NFL OC. Was able to put up a good offensive year with very good talent. Failed miserably the way he handled the qb position from lack of drafting to the carousel of them during the season.

Not sure Wentz would have been successful with the Browns as he is in Philly. The Browns— where talent goes to die.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think they go Saquan Barkley and trade for AJ McArron. It's pretty obvious Jackson will go after McArron in the off season when Jackson was introducing McArron to Jimmy Haslam at the Browns vs Bengals game.

or!!!

They could take Saquan Barkley #1 overall then go Lamar Jackson with their second 1st round pick that will probably be in the top 10.

That would be terrible for the fans. Passing on the top prospect again..this time for McArron.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:13 AM ]

It was bound to be a disaster from Day 1 and being that it was an ownership decision, I don't have much hope for them in the future. I mean who thinks that a guy who strictly been an attorney his entire time in the NFL is in anyway competent to have the final say in personnel? It was a laughable approach.
That would be terrible for the fans. Passing on the top prospect again..this time for McArron.

Hue did trade a crapload of picks for an aging Carson Palmer in a panic move. He's not the most levelheaded guy when it comes to personnel. What they need is a true fresh start with a competent NFL GM, give him all the power and get out of his way.
#Browns 2018 draft picks:

Round 1
Round 1 (via HOU)
Round 2
Round 2 (via HOU)
Round 2 (via PHI)
Round 3
Round 4
Round 4 (via CAR)
Round 5
Round 5 (via KC)
Round 6
Round 6 (via PIT)
Round 7

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

or!!!

I just don't see hue Jackson taking a QB high if they go after McArron. They almost traded 2nd and 3rd round picks for him, which I'm sure they'll do in March. I can't see them spending a 1st a QB, that would be three first high picks devoted to QB's.

Sorry Cleveland fans AJ McArron is your QB and they all probably know it already.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Hue Jackson part of the problem too. So much overrated when he got hired from the Bengals. You look at his offensive resume, he was never more than your average NFL OC. Was able to put up a good offensive year with very good talent. Failed miserably the way he handled the qb position from lack of drafting to the carousel of them during the season.

Not sure Wentz would have been successful with the Browns as he is in Philly. The Browns— where talent goes to die.

Hue is over rated I'm glad we didn't pick him and he wants McCarron as his QB? Lol it don't matter how many picks they have if they busts

or!!!

I just don't see hue Jackson taking a QB high if they go after McArron. They almost traded 2nd and 3rd round picks for him, which I'm sure they'll do in March. I can't see them spending a 1st a QB, that would be three first high picks devoted to QB's.

Sorry Cleveland fans AJ McArron is your QB and they all probably know it already.

I don't agree with that though....the new GM will have a say in that and if it's Dorsey (which there's speculation on that) He will want his own guy which might be Rosen.

I HIGHLY doubt any good GM will step foot into that job if they're told AJ mccarron is gonna be their starter lol (Hue is on thin ice as it is)

or!!!

Exactly. I think they go Darnold. You can't sell Aj MCarron to your fans.
Share 49ersWebzone