There are 259 users in the forums

SkyCam view as regular broadcast view

Shop 49ers game tickets

SkyCam view as regular broadcast view

I'd like to see them angle it a little better (Madden style). Don't show anything behind the offense and let us see the yard lines better. Wider as well.
On alot of plays I'd prefer looking down the line. You never know when someone gets tackled on the first down line or goal line. It would be very nice to see what the wrs and dbs are doing but that's the only advantage I see. Obviously it's better for film but live viewing I'm not sure.
I like it, you can see blitzes and how the qb reacts.
Love it. They just need to back up a bit and show all the receivers.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Will be replaced by drones. Thl will be jobless

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its cool sometimes but not as the main angle. Use it on replays mainly.
its crazy to see what the QB sees. I think it should definitely be in moderation though. I would vote against using this view most of the time. Hard to evaluate the whole play from this angle
looks like fkn sh@t!!! enough with this garbage. this is not madden
It's the BEST THING EVER. F**k broadcast view, I can't even watch football in that schit anymore.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
i like it because it's nice to see what the WRs are doing. and you also have a better view of the OL / DL. you can see DL guys using a swim move for example without needing replay.

Yup. There are so many things I see as positives with the only con I can think of is we won't see the flats area (short, near sidelines). But most of the game is played in the middle of the field anyway. With this view, we'd now be able to see:
- QB head movement on pass plays
- safeties
- lanes for the RB
- DLinemen alignment

I hope that the Twitterverse likes it and maybe the broadcasters will make this a fixture for watching football.

I absolutely love it thl!

• titan
  • Veteran
Caught the first TD from Rothlisberger to Brown in that view. The long bomb looks awesome!
I like it as a cut-away shot and obvious pass plays now and then but not as a main look. It's good for certain instant replays. Sucks on running plays.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I like it as a cut-away shot and obvious pass plays now and then but not as a main look. It's good for certain instant replays. Sucks on running plays.

Looks better on running plays, imo. Jukes & cuts looks so much better from that angle.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Looks better on running plays, imo. Jukes & cuts looks so much better from that angle.

Agree. I wish in longer passes they were quickly able to switch cameras cause right now it seems you're too much away from getting a good look at a possible completion on a bigger play.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Nov 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM ]
I think it's really good. Once producers get the hang of timing their switches between skycam and regular view in general play it'll only get better. I reckon skycam is way better for football dummies like me to better see what is going on on and around the LOS and learn the game quicker.
Share 49ersWebzone