There are 199 users in the forums

Watson tears ACL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Zachary:
If I'm a Texan, I want Kap instead of Savage and Mcgloin

Bill Obrien runs one of the most complex Offenses in the league....Kap would dumb it down even more than Watson as a rookie. I'm sure they would rather go another route.

...and they did.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Me too. Here's why Kaepernick would fit well once he fully learned the system.

One of the most dramatic effects Watson has had on the Texans' offense is in the run game. No longer is Houston a team that runs the ball up the middle and then changes things up by running the ball up the middle again. The run game is a jungle of options now. There are outside zones, quarterback draws, zone reads, options, and darts, all joined by that beloved inside zone play.

This all stems from Watson's athletic ability
. Out of all the quarterbacks in the 2017 NFL Draft, he finished in the top five in five NFL Combine events: 40 yd dash, vertical leap, broad jump, and three cone. He finished tied for sixth in the 20 yard shuttle. Watson is a natural athlete. He can run in a straight line really fast. He can move laterally really fast. He can jump high. He can jump far.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/10/4/16382330/the-film-room-deshaun-watson-and-the-run-game

Yea Kaep would be the perfect replacement for the season. Especially with playoff experience and gives the team a better chance than savage and mcgloin

Bill Obrien runs one of the most complex Offenses in the league....Kap would dumb it down even more than Watson as a rookie. I'm sure they would rather go another route.

Kaep dumbing it down would still be more productive than Savage/Mcgloin IMO
31-year-old Johnson hasn't attempted a regular season pass since 2011

Yet he gets work before Kap.

They installed a lot of Watson's college plays which is why he's looking so good. I'm sure it's not too difficult for them and Kap to work together to install weekly game plans.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

...and they did.

...and working out as imagined.
The players in Houston would rally around Kaep.
Heh. I just picked him up for my FF keeper league. We have 2 keepers for our league. I have Elliott and Watson. Yes - I sucked this year. But next year Elliot and Watson, and the 1st overall pick? Watch out!

:)
Originally posted by tulliman:
Heh. I just picked him up for my FF keeper league. We have 2 keepers for our league. I have Elliott and Watson. Yes - I sucked this year. But next year Elliot and Watson, and the 1st overall pick? Watch out!

unless they both get busted the first 4 games for PEDs
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Wha? Am I missing something?

im just joking cause Zeke has been posting picks looking like Schwarzenegger and Watson rehabbing

im just joking cause Zeke has been posting picks looking like Schwarzenegger and Watson rehabbing

Not cool man!

I want to go from last to first next year!
Share 49ersWebzone