There are 270 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin traded to Bills

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo, source tells ESPN.
Man, I don't know what Buffalo gave up... But I sure wish we had pulled the trigger on that trade. I think Kelvin is the type of WR we are missing.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Panthers traded WR Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo for 3rd and 7th round picks, per source. Benjamin rejoins HC Sean McDermott, GM Brandon Beane.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by okdkid:
Panthers traded WR Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo for 3rd and 7th round picks, per source. Benjamin rejoins HC Sean McDermott, GM Brandon Beane.

damn I would have given them that.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I wonder why the dumped him?
I don't think he's Kyle type of WR. Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate. He wants guys that run a full route tree with speed and quickness. The only thing Benjamin separates from is a diet.

Damn, guess we cant get in on all the action today lol
Not the type of receiver that will fit this offense. We need route runners or quick guys.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not the type of receiver that will fit this offense. We need route runners or quick guys.

The more I hear about good players who 'don't fit out system' the more I question our system.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

The more I hear about good players who 'don't fit out system' the more I question our system.

is he really good though? avg 59 yards and has 2 TDs this yr.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Like we couldn't have used him over Robinson or Goodwin....
It's a surprisingly narrow system.

We never miss out on players, they just don't fit our system. Benjamin doesn't fit the system, but Robinson does. Watson doesn't fit the system, but Hoyer does. Trent Brown doesn't fit the system, but Fusco does.
[ Edited by AlexCat49er on Oct 31, 2017 at 1:53 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

is he really good though? avg 59 yards and has 2 TDs this yr.

1,000 yard receiver as a rookie, 60 yards short of that mark last season...he wins most jump balls...
Benjamin gone. Olsen out for at least another month. Christian McCaffrey gonna have like 300 receptions now.

Blame that charlatan Bill Walsh and his ridiculous tenet of separation and emphasis on yards after the catch. He started all of this. His affinity for guys like Jerry Rice and John Taylor didn't help.
Share 49ersWebzone