LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Cam Newton

Well, this happened

https://youtu.be/y66UzHEPq98

And now people are freaking out. Cam lost a major sponsor and other players like Russ Wilson are using it to claim they support equality (as if Cam doesn't)

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/on-cam-newton-controversy-seahawks-quarterback-russell-wilson-supports-equality/

Wilson says most of the women in his life "know more about sports than he does". That's just it, most of us wouldn't share his experience. I've asked most of my friends about this today and we all agree most all of the women in our lives are not football fans to the point of analyzing plays. How many women are on this site doing such? Two, three...maybe five? I'd welcome it. Hey, if most women loved football I'd be a very happy man.

Anyhow, I think it's obvious Newton wasn't suggesting women can't understand football, IMO his reaction was suggesting most women don't really have an interest in football to the point of analyzing plays etc, so it was a surprise to see.

What do you think? Is he some sort of horrible sexist as so many are suggesting?
[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 28, 2021 at 9:29 AM ]
I think it's a joke. People are just looking for reasons to be offended.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomerJ:

Didn't she come out as a possible racist on twitter?

Agreed
I hope media doesn't make a big deal out of this. He did not say anything outrageous.
Originally posted by jcs:

She quoted and laughed at a racist joke 4.5 years ago.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

She quoted and laughed at a racist joke 4.5 years ago.
Should she be publicly going after an athlete she's interviewing while posting this?

Should she be publicly going after an athlete she's interviewing while posting this?

Originally posted by lasko39:
I hope media doesn't make a big deal out of this. He did not say anything outrageous.

Too late. The hysteria just forced an apology played at halftime on tonights game. I guess he lost multiple sponsors, one being his main sponsor. That will cost him millions. (I'm sure his agent/lawyer will have something to say about that)

Anyhow, I didn't take his comment as "oppressive" to all women. I took it as "it's rare to see women this into football". But hey, maybe I'm just evil.
He looked high as f**k. Seemed like a stoner compliment to me. "Yeah man, ladies talking bout routes man, that's awesome man"

• Chico
  • Veteran
You just can't say anything these days without offending someone

I think if I said..."what a beautiful sunny day"
Night time gothic people would be offended and I would be sued for millions
[ Edited by Chico on Oct 5, 2017 at 7:42 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Is she okay? Will she ever be able to birth a child after this?
Shes just a basic b***h playing the victim role and todays sensitive society is really eating it up.
People are wound too tight these days.
It's the chemtrails and the Illuminati spiking bottled water for mind control.
Protect yourselves at all costs
She needs to find a Z for her last name
Share 49ersWebzone