There are 228 users in the forums

WR Devante Adams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by titan:
I forgot we are loaded at WR.

That has nothing to do with it. You're overrating Adams.

I am not overrating Adams I am soliciting help for our team.
Definite like. MIGHT not be the fit next to Garcon doe. Could easily be wrong... Rice and Taylor were kinda similar players no?(Never watched Taylor, always seemed like he was a Jerry lite lol).
We'll see if he looks the same w/out A-Rodg...
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Do we really even have to wait?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Definite like. MIGHT not be the fit next to Garcon doe. Could easily be wrong... Rice and Taylor were kinda similar players no?(Never watched Taylor, always seemed like he was a Jerry lite lol).

I like Adams but with him, Garcon, and Trent Taylor that's just way too many intermediate pass catchers. That still leaves Goodwin as the only established deep threat in that scenario. Personally I'd rather take a look at Allen Robinson. A few months ago I didn't believe there was any chance he'd be available in free agency. His knee injury on a contract year may give the Jaguars reservations about resigning him long term or a tag.

If he's available he gives you the size to out match defenders downfield and in the red zone. He sustained his knee injury early enough where he should be just fine for summer workouts. If he makes it to free agency, I could see a situation where he settles for a one year prove it deal like Alshon Jeffrey and Pryor this season. If the niners could get him under that scenario then I think he adds much more value and versatility to what Shanahan wants to do in his passing game versus adding Adams.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 19, 2017 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I like Adams but with him, Garcon, and Trent Taylor that's just way too many intermediate pass catchers. That still leaves Goodwin as the only established deep threat in that scenario. Personally I'd rather take a look at Allen Robinson. A few months ago I didn't believe there was any chance he'd be available in free agency. His knee injury on a contract year may give the Jaguars reservations about resigning him long term or a tag.

If he's available he gives you the size to out match defenders downfield and in the red zone. He sustained his knee injury early enough where he should be just fine for summer workouts. If he makes it to free agency, I could see a situation where he settles for a one year prove it deal like Alshon Jeffrey and Pryor this season. If the niners could get him under that scenario then I think he adds much more value and versatility to what Shanahan wants to do in his passing game versus adding Adams.

One year prove it deal for A-Rob would be sweet. Or two year deal with one year fully guaranteed.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Bring him home!! Palo Alto

He's from East Palo Alto, not even the same county.

EPA (Lower Income Grinders) = San Mateo County

Palo Alto (spoiled rich kids) = Santa Clara County

https://www.upi.com/WR-Davante-Adams-quick-recovery-aids-Green-Bay-Packers/2201507601534/
  • titan
  • Veteran

Yes good one. Don't sign Jordy Nelson either base on that logic. Lol
[ Edited by titan on Oct 22, 2017 at 4:34 PM ]

Why would the Niners sign Jordy Nelson? He'll be 33. The Niners aren't exactly loading up for a SB run.

And Adams has never dominated the way Jordy did.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM ]

I didnt say dont sign him because Rodgers is hurt.. It was actually making joke cause WE KNOW the WRs wont be as good without A-Rod. Hence gif lol. Thought thats why the gif was funny and fits my comment perfect

i would vote against. Will probably command 10+ a year. Just a simple possession receiver, similar to Garcon but not as tough. PASS
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i would vote against. Will probably command 10+ a year. Just a simple possession receiver, similar to Garcon but not as tough. PASS

Hes good at fade routes and GREAT in the RZ as well.

Ill take these guys in order right now.

Bryant,Watkins,Adams,Pryor,Robinson(coming back from injury).
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 25, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
He's becoming a bigger part of the offense than Nelson. Can't see them letting him go unless he asks for something ridiculous. But i bet he asks for something fair since he gets to play with Rodgers.

Cobb is on his last year and has a 12.5 mil cap hit. If they need to they can cut him loose and give that money to Adams. Or give it one final go with Cobb Adams and Nelson and A Rod. Then let Cobb walk in 2019
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I agree he's good. But he will absolutely get top WR money and not be able to consistently perform like one. Prefer going all out for Robinson, or trading back and taking a #1 WR in the draft.
Give Adams money because he got to play with Rodgers? God I hope not.
Share 49ersWebzone