There are 213 users in the forums

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by fan49:
your changing the point. which blankets a problem. If you don't see racism in whats going on, or even acknowledge it you are blind my friend. Yes "unarmed" people period are getting shot and murdered. But we are talking about racism, and systematic racism.

Gun violence and homicide statistics show us that some groups are committing these crimes far more than other groups.

Asians per capita experience far less police contact and police violence compared to whites per capita. Would you like to talk about why that is?

Because white people on average and per capita are out there committing far more violence than Asians. (Adjusted for population numbers)

If you're a white male you're more likley (per capita) to be shot by a cop compared to Asian males. This is even more pronounced when we compare men and women. Are cops sexist because far more men are shot or are men out there committing far more violence than women?

Please think about this. I mean really think about this and give me a detailed response. I have yet to get a response on this.

If America was made up of 150 million white Americans and 150 million Asian Americans the Asian population would be generating much lower rates of police contact and police shootings. The results we see now didn't manifest because Asians are such a small % of the population. Again, per capita they are far less likley to be shot by police compared to whites.

Adjusted for population numbers whites are killed by cops about twice as often as Asians. Blacks are killed about twice as often as whites (adjusted for population numbers. More whites are killed each year but we need to take population numbers into account)

So again, my questions. Are cops hunting whites while leaving Asians alone or are whites out there committing more serious crimes than Asians?

Are cops out there hunting men or are men out there committing more violence than women? (A vast majority of police shooting victims are men)

Still haven't had anyone engage this. In fact, the new mod is now deleting this information.

You have made this same post a dozen times at least trying to get people to respond.

You have ignored the information. Why?

I have responded to that post more than once. Sorry I didn't give you the answer you were looking for.
  • dj43
John Schnatter, CEO of Papa John's, weighed in yesterday on the protests and the impact he claims it has had on sales. Papa John's has been a strong advertiser on NFL broadcasts since 2010. With NFL ratings down 5%, and Papa John's sales also down, Schnatter is placing blame on Goodall's failure to take a stronger, corrective action to resolve the protest issue.

While it certainly seems the NFL could have been more proactive in the matter, Papa John's is dealing with declining sales overall recently. Social media has checked with boycotts called for all sponsors of the NFL over the continued protests. Schnatter concludes those calls have hurt his business. He may be correct to some degree as there are plenty of other places to get a pie. Schnatter notes the declining ratings along with declining sales to indicate he is no longer getting the contracted value for his advertising dollars and threatens to pull ads. The NFL is now discounting future ads in order to keep his business.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/01/media/nfl-papa-johns-protests/index.html

On KNBR yesterday, this Papa John's announcement stimulated an interesting discussion. I will attempt to recap that discussion here:

This action by the NFL is worth noting. At the end of the day, players are getting paid because viewers are watching and buying advertisers' products. It that picture goes into decline, players are going to be paid less...and those who have been identified as being in the forefront of the protests are likely going to suffer consequences come contract time, and may even find themselves out of work.

A 5% decline in viewership in the most heavily watched product in America is going to influence the ad rates. No company will continue to pay top rates for a declining product. Bottom line: It is about the "bottom line." Follow the money is the mantra. If the actions of an employee of any company is costing that company money, that employee will soon find themselves out of a job. It is what it is.

When Mohamed Ali refused induction, he gave up 3.5 years of his career for his action. He was willing to pay the consequences for his convictions. Are football players willing to do the same?

Food for thought.
Originally posted by dj43:
Alright, I will allow a certain amount of discussion on the underlying causes as long as it stays civil and focuses on an NFL connection or opportunity to impact change.

I believe the NFL, players and owners, could move in a positive way to encourage such change. The question for this board is; what would such an action look like?

We can always throws stones, however, that accomplishes little. Fixing the problem requires more thought and insight. So, if you think you have something along that line, bring it.

Finally, let me remind everyone that there is a Police Brutality thread in the Parking Lot. General discussions of that topic with no NFL connections should take place there, not here in NFL Talk.

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

Ya, I've made those threads (last one got deleted LOL). And this thread and that thread go hand in hand. And if you don't realize that, then just let another mod handle it.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Nov 2, 2017 at 2:24 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Alright, I will allow a certain amount of discussion on the underlying causes as long as it stays civil and focuses on an NFL connection or opportunity to impact change.

I believe the NFL, players and owners, could move in a positive way to encourage such change. The question for this board is; what would such an action look like?

We can always throws stones, however, that accomplishes little. Fixing the problem requires more thought and insight. So, if you think you have something along that line, bring it.

Finally, let me remind everyone that there is a Police Brutality thread in the Parking Lot. General discussions of that topic with no NFL connections should take place there, not here in NFL Talk.

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

Ya, I've made those threads (last one got deleted LOL). And this thread and that thread go hand in hand. And if you don't realize that, then just let another mod handle it.

They are related but the focus here is different. If there is not a football connection, then it goes in the PB thread. That is why there are different areas in the forum.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/wife-of-nfl-player-claims-raiders-let-derek-carr-get-hurt-over-anthem-protests/

Like I already said. Pathetic.
They are related but the focus here is different. If there is not a football connection, then it goes in the PB thread. That is why there are different areas in the forum.

So you can't discuss the reasoning behind the protests. Isn't that kind of the point of the protest? Can we mention the football demonstrations in the police brutality thread too or is that a derail? You guys have a serious problem with over regulating threads but I guess I should find the appropriate thread for that complaint too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 11, 2017 at 6:58 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
So you can't discuss the reasoning behind the protests. Isn't that kind of the point of the protest? Can we mention the football demonstrations in the police brutality thread too or is that a derail? You guys have a serious problem with over regulating threads but I guess I should find the appropriate thread for that complaint too.

The left wingers of the world prefer censorship because logic and reason are tools of oppression. I wish I was joking but I'm not.
  • dj43

As long as this thread does not turn into a strictly political discussion, then a discussion of the reasoning is OK. That having been said, this is a thread about the connection between the social causes and what happens at a football game. Does that not seem reasonable? I'm asking...

There continues to be general media discussion about why NFL attendance and viewership is down. Some of that is focused on star players being out due to injury and resultant uninteresting games, while the form of protest has also been cited. There seems to be little or no pushback on players joining arms during the anthem. With Kaepernick out of the current picture, the focus is on kneeling, which is viewed by many as disrespecting the anthem and flag.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM ]

As long as this thread does not turn into a strictly political discussion, then a discussion of the reasoning is OK. That having been said, this is a thread about the connection between the social causes and what happens at a football game. Does that not seem reasonable? I'm asking...

There continues to be general media discussion about why NFL attendance and viewership is down. Some of that is focused on star players being out due to injury and resultant uninteresting games, while the form of protest has also been cited. There seems to be little or no pushback on players joining arms during the anthem. With Kaepernick out of the current picture, the focus is on kneeling, which is viewed by many as disrespecting the anthem and flag.

Kneeling is a lot more respectful than standing.

People kneel for gods and kings
Remember when people said the national anthem would hurt the NFL in the wallet...derp

FWIW the packers had another $199 million in income from other areas as well.

The NFL is doing just fine

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Disrespect us - we disrespect you.
Originally posted by mayo49:

i need some damn protest news
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:

i need some damn protest news

@Gore49er, here's some protest news.

I'd like to see more teams follow suit and get their hijacked platform back. Plenty of time to push your divisive protests on your day off.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24142078/miami-dolphins-suspend-players-conduct-protests-national-anthem-according-report
Originally posted by HomerJ:
@Gore49er, here's some protest news.

I'd like to see more teams follow suit and get their hijacked platform back. Plenty of time to push your divisive protests on your day off.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24142078/miami-dolphins-suspend-players-conduct-protests-national-anthem-according-report

I'd like to the whole roster take a knee to challenge that policy.
Share 49ersWebzone