LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 133 users in the forums

Low scoring first two weeks of season.

Shop 49ers game tickets
The NFL powers that be must feel anxious that their product is becoming a throwback to the 60's and 70's early on.. The lack of scoring and terrible quarterback play are two issues the higher ups must address. They can fix the scoring slump by further handicapping the defense in the off season. For instance, waiving the 5 yards at the line of scrimmage a defensive back can touch a receiver, giving them free reign through secondaries, that will up the scoring. Quarterback play is another issue, college starters are playing in the spread formation and have no experience behind center. They have one read to make and then take off if nothing is there. The LA Chargers can't fill a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium, but that's for another thread.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The NFL powers that be must feel anxious that their product is becoming a throwback to the 60's and 70's early on.. The lack of scoring and terrible quarterback play are two issues the higher ups must address. They can fix the scoring slump by further handicapping the defense in the off season. For instance, waiving the 5 yards at the line of scrimmage a defensive back can touch a receiver, giving them free reign through secondaries, that will up the scoring. Quarterback play is another issue, college starters are playing in the spread formation and have no experience behind center. They have one read to make and then take off if nothing is there. The LA Chargers can't fill a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium, but that's for another thread.

I actually think it has to do with offensive lines generally sucking. As much as people criticize spreads derailing QB development, I actually think its hurting offensive lineman the most.

On the opposite side, I think D-Lines are about as good as they've been. Tons of young athletic talent.

Here's the Ringer article on it:
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/13/16299646/bad-offenses-trend
Share 49ersWebzone