LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

QB DeShone Kizer

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thought I'd make a thread for the dude as I am keeping tabs on his play this season since I wanted the Niners to draft him. Had a pretty above average debut for a rookie. His poise and the way he operates within the pocket reminds me of Carson Wentz last season. As long as he can stay healthy he will be successful.

Still, he is a rookie and his biggest issue right now is holding the ball far too long. He took 7 sacks on Sunday, many of them coverage sacks. Nonetheless, he could have thrown the ball away plenty of times but refused. This was an issue that plagued Kap late in his career but unlike Kap, Kizer isn't as slow processing the field, so we can chalk this up to a rookie catching up to the speed of the NFL.

He'll learn and get smarter about it, so I'm not worried.

All-22 of his debut if anyone is interested:

Now you see that the two new smart guys, who signed a QB that has never been a winner (Hoyer) but miss the opportunity to sign a winning QB like Watson or Kiser. And now looking to sign that clown for Washington. We will be at the bottom for a long time.

Damn
Originally posted by Jsnowde:
Now you see that the two new smart guys, who signed a QB that has never been a winner (Hoyer) but miss the opportunity to sign a winning QB like Watson or Kiser. And now looking to sign that clown for Washington. We will be at the bottom for a long time.

Damn

Sadly Shanahan hates teaching his convoluted offense to new QBs. He'd rather continue working with scrub QBs just so he doesn't have to start from scratch.

Had we landed McDaniels as the HC, I'm thinking we would have drafted a QB higher and wouldn't be going anywhere near Cousins with a 100 yd stick.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Sep 14, 2017 at 8:17 PM ]

Damn
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Damn

But they're a combined 1-1 as NFL starters!! Total winners.

Although I loved Watson and I've been impressed by Kizer since preseason. Still, neither are as successful in the NFL as Hoyer or anywhere near Cousins.

Damn

Kizer had a losing record in college IIRC.
LOL..."running QB's"

No thanks.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Damn

Kizer had a losing record in college IIRC.

14-11
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
14-11

Don't think he started all those.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL..."running QB's"

No thanks.

Now, now NC, don't be a hater. Let the kid develop first then judge him.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
LOL..."running QB's"

No thanks.

So much this.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
LOL..."running QB's"

No thanks.

So much this.

Now, now Kolohe, don't be a hater. He's already better than Hoyer after 1 single game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Kizer was playing so bad he had to come up with an excuse to get pulled...migraine....soft...
Originally posted by jcs:
Kizer was playing so bad he had to come up with an excuse to get pulled...migraine....soft...

Ive never once heard of a football player leaving a game due to a "migraine"...WTF?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jcs:

Ive never once heard of a football player leaving a game due to a "migraine"...WTF?
its called a concussion
Share 49ersWebzone