There are 183 users in the forums

Ben Boulware, LB (Clemson)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Boulware combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ben-boulware?id=2557992

Borland combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-borland?id=2543772

Boulware had a better 3 cone. Borland better 20 yard.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM ]
Peter?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Peter?

I think moon is trying to make a trade with the devil to turn Bens game into Peters
If this guy could be another Borland, who cares about measureables?

It's unsettling when a poster creates a thread for someone, gives them a thumbs up and speaks so highly of them, then doesn't even know his name.

Good ole moon.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 5, 2017 at 6:11 PM ]
Gotta love a 9moon threadz
Even if Peter.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Peter?

I think moon is trying to make a trade with the devil to turn Bens game into Peters

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
If this guy could be another Borland, who cares about measureables?

U mean another quitter? Do not want.
Boulware's a guy who you just can't help but root for, yet has a long way uphill.

He was our worst LB at training camp, hence barely seeing any time on the field. Certainly having the deepest LB core does play a factor (backups MLB Mayo, WLB Norris, and SLB Cash could honestly start for other teams, w/ Mayo and Norris playing @ a high level), but Boulware looked lost at times.

He's a good guy, but didn't make the cut for us. Doesn't seem to be able to translate physically at the NFL level.

Still wishing the best of luck to him. Hopefully he finds somewhere where he can latch on and do something.

Originally posted by thl408:
This thread should go on the practice squad

Maybe a mod can make it happen
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SamMills51:
Boulware's a guy who you just can't help but root for, yet has a long way uphill.

He was our worst LB at training camp, hence barely seeing any time on the field. Certainly having the deepest LB core does play a factor (backups MLB Mayo, WLB Norris, and SLB Cash could honestly start for other teams, w/ Mayo and Norris playing @ a high level), but Boulware looked lost at times.

He's a good guy, but didn't make the cut for us. Doesn't seem to be able to translate physically at the NFL level.

Still wishing the best of luck to him. Hopefully he finds somewhere where he can latch on and do something.

Sometimes the most difficult thing to have in life is opportunity. He'll get more of it here than on a loaded team there.
I had this guy in my mock, and was a bit disappointed we didn't draft him. I hope we can get him on the 53 somehow because he won't on the PS for long, and once he's on a roster he'll never see the PS again.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I had this guy in my mock, and was a bit disappointed we didn't draft him. I hope we can get him on the 53 somehow because he won't on the PS for long, and once he's on a roster he'll never see the PS again.

Instincts are one thing, speed is another. This defense is built for speed. I can see him play on base downs, and short yardage, but not the 3rd and longs. I'm half and half with this guy. If he's that slow, might as well get a DE to play the LB spot. From a speed standpoint you get the same thing and a couple of other pluses. Such as it's a bigger body, and just as slow and more powerful at the point of attack.
Correction. . .
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone