LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Stafford now highest paid QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:

But we have like 62 million in cap space now, take away $25 million and we are still good.

You can only have so many good players at each position. $25 million per year doesn't handicap teams the way it used to with the salary cap being so high.

Bolded is probably whats messing with my mind.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Aug 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
White privilege.

Meanwhile, Kaepernick, a top 10 QB, cant even get a job because he is black and speaks his mind.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Christ, if we really want Cousins he's gonna cost a TON

Not at anything north of $25 mill a year

I don't like Cousins but we have the cap space so what's the problem?

Funny how fans are now interested in what a player makes. I only care about the talent level of the roster no matter what the cost.

I think Stafford is better than Cousins. Of course that doesn't always matter when it comes to NFL contracts though.
Originally posted by 16to87:
No worries, niners will never have the highest paid QB ..right Jed?

What does Jed have to do with it?

Oh wait, is this a segway to some attempted clever but actually ridiculous comment about Jed being cheap?

As if people already forgot that this team was right up against the cap from 2011 to 2014.
White privilege.

Meanwhile, Kaepernick, a top 10 QB, cant even get a job because he is black and speaks his mind.

Top 10 qb?
Originally posted by English:
White privilege.

Top 10 qb?

He was born yesterday
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 16to87:
No worries, niners will never have the highest paid QB ..right Jed?

What does Jed have to do with it?

Oh wait, is this a segway to some attempted clever but actually ridiculous comment about Jed being cheap?

As if people already forgot that this team was right up against the cap from 2011 to 2014.
Not to mention the NFL has a salary floor. It's not like this is baseball where some teams spend 4-6 times as much as others. Just another lazy comment!
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
The NFL, has to do something about the salaries being paid to QB's.
Soon, teams will not be able to field a decent unit, if the current trend
continues unabated.

Yes. A QB's contract can't exceed X % of the salary cap.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
The NFL, has to do something about the salaries being paid to QB's.
Soon, teams will not be able to field a decent unit, if the current trend
continues unabated.

Yes. A QB's contract can't exceed X % of the salary cap.

Can't just do that. Teams that don't have high priced QBs pay other players. Like Denver, Von Miller is 11% of Denver's cap as their highest paid player.

It would have to be a rule that says a teams highest paid player can not exceed 15% of the total cap space.
I don't think any team has that situation right now.

Plus the NFLPA CBA would never agree to that.
[ Edited by SoCold on Aug 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
The Lions fans are happy that they want Stafford to stay with team. Wow. The Lions fans are still dumb and idiot because Stafford is not worth the quartback top.

I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat even with this new contract. It's Cousins that is the joke.

He could have gotten paid more in my opinion. A lot of top QBs are underpaid right now since none of them have tested free agency. Cousins is probably going to cost about the same next year and he's not the same QB Stafford is.

Share 49ersWebzone