LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Utility Player

Shop 49ers game tickets
It baffles me teams don't use this idea. A player that can play special teams. Your 3rd qb. And, if athletic enough to play db in an emergency. I was hoping b.j. Daniels would be that guy.

There have been players that have been successful, the best one that comes to mind is Brian Mitchell. Played special teams, rb, db and even qb. Jeff Hostetler started at 3rd string qb and was the up back in special teams. Brown (cant remember his first name.) Playef wr, db and spcial teams. Chris Gardoki was a pk and a punter for the bears. And, Jim "crash" jensen played everything.

It saves a multiple roster spots. These are just players that excelled so, i know they're hard to find. I'm just thinking outside the box. Are their any players in next year's draft that can play multiple positions at a decent level?
Originally posted by DickNasty:
It baffles me teams don't use this idea. A player that can play special teams. Your 3rd qb. And, if athletic enough to play db in an emergency. I was hoping b.j. Daniels would be that guy.

There have been players that have been successful, the best one that comes to mind is Brian Mitchell. Played special teams, rb, db and even qb. Jeff Hostetler started at 3rd string qb and was the up back in special teams. Brown (cant remember his first name.) Playef wr, db and spcial teams. Chris Gardoki was a pk and a punter for the bears. And, Jim "crash" jensen played everything.

It saves a multiple roster spots. These are just players that excelled so, i know they're hard to find. I'm just thinking outside the box. Are their any players in next year's draft that can play multiple positions at a decent level?
i rather have a guy that great in one thing then a guy thats good at everything for football
Joe Webb for the Panthers is what your talking about
Share 49ersWebzone