LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

GM John Dorsey out in KC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Reid want to be GM too?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Eliot Wolf doesnt get any closer to the GM job in Green Bay.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Reid want to be GM too?

Reid gonna get surprised canned, him and Alex will be on their way out of town together, after another 10-6 season / wildcard round loss.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I'll believe it when I see it, especially with Dorsey having a pretty good talent acquisition track record already as a GM.
According to sources, Dorsey was fired mostly because his failure on extending Houston and Berry then inner battle between Reid on trade up for Mahomes. With Walrus Andy extended, seems he gets total control of FO but I wonder if he learned from his experience in Philly.

Dorsey seems he will wait until January to hear offers (specially from Packers depend on Thompson's fate)
This is a mistake by KC.
Wasn't it him that left a voicemail for Jeremy Maclin to tell him he was cut???

BOOM... instant karma
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
According to sources, Dorsey was fired mostly because his failure on extending Houston and Berry then inner battle between Reid on trade up for Mahomes. With Walrus Andy extended, seems he gets total control of FO but I wonder if he learned from his experience in Philly.

Dorsey seems he will wait until January to hear offers (specially from Packers depend on Thompson's fate)

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Wasn't it him that left a voicemail for Jeremy Maclin to tell him he was cut???

BOOM... instant karma

Both of these are correct. Ownership was furious about the Maclin situation. What he did was pretty shady. To top it off, he didn't tell Andy Reid about the move. Reid went out of his way to basically commit tampering to bring Maclin to KC.

Dorsey also refused to give long term extensions to players. Houston went out and got 22 sacks, no extension. And then in a head scratcher forks over the world to Eric Berry.

Despite his shortcomings, he's better than Baalke.
The team's co-directors of player personnel Mike Borgonzi and Brett Veach are expected to be candidates for a promotion, but the team will be looking outside the organization as well. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs want ESPN analyst Louis Riddick to interview for the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/25/report-chiefs-to-interview-louis-riddick-for-g-m-opening/

Rooney Riddick.
The team's co-directors of player personnel Mike Borgonzi and Brett Veach are expected to be candidates for a promotion, but the team will be looking outside the organization as well. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs want ESPN analyst Louis Riddick to interview for the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/25/report-chiefs-to-interview-louis-riddick-for-g-m-opening/

Rooney Riddick.

LOL...or now everyone wants a TV guy as their GM now.

So was it Andy who loved Mahomes or Dorsey. What was the beef about?

Originally posted by NCommand:

My strong belief is that this was all about a potential GB job of GM opening up in the near future.. and Dorsey's lack of long-term commitment offered to Hunt/KC.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by NCommand:

My strong belief is that this was all about a potential GB job of GM opening up in the near future.. and Dorsey's lack of long-term commitment offered to Hunt/KC.

Gotcha. Thanks!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If they'd have jumped on this move earlier, they'd still have Chris Ballard. Buncha dumbasses.

Good call!

Rooney Riddick.

Soooo very glad we didn't get him.
Share 49ersWebzone