LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

John Clayton out at ESPN

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Mike & Mike are f**king horrible. Lebartard is terrible as well. Bomani is excellent.

Bomani is the worst. I like Rusillo the best. Mike and mike is pretty good as well.

I like Bomani the best then Rusillo. Everybody else is basura. Mike and Mike used to be cool but now the show is just one big commercial. Or Greeny directing you to his or his wives tweets versus talking some real sports
ESPN needs to hire those "Hot Chicks" from UDN Sports For there ESPN6 Stuff. and Late night shows
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm going to miss the professor, even though he was a Seattle homer.
Hopefully there is less yelling now at ESPN.
While ESPN certainly has it's short comings, I can't blame them for letting go of Clayton. The type of news and insight he provides is irrelevant to the way the majority of ESPN's targeted audience receives their news. ESPN isn't in any serious financial trouble but they do need to make adjustments to streamline the way that they make profit margins. Due to the fact they are handcuffed to ridiculous NBA and NFL deals, they rely too heavy on advertisement to turn a profit. When DraftKings and FanDuel were tossing truck loads of money at them that was fine, but now that those two companies are facing a merger plus constant legal litigation that revenue stream has dried up. I still love a lot of the content ESPN has, such as E60, Outside the lines, 30 for 30 and of course all the college sports etc. I watch First Take, Pardon the Interruption, and Around the Horn from time to time, but I prefer their ESPN Radio content more. Ultimately I think ESPN will trim the fat to reduce cost, get things back in the black and they will slowly add talent back based on fans reaction and social media buzz.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this is why espn has become irrelevant.

Ditto
News has become irrelevant in our world.

Loud mouth stupid opinion is all that SELLS NOW!
[ Edited by GoldenGateGlory on Jun 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
ESPN needs to hire those "Hot Chicks" from UDN Sports For there ESPN6 Stuff. and Late night shows

Yes, if only we could have bikini clad girls doing sports center. Then we could kill two birds with one stone.
[ Edited by GoldenGateGlory on Jun 18, 2017 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Niners99:
ESPN is dying. They haven't been able to keep up with the social media era, so their viewership is falling. They keep trying to survive on SportsCenter and that BS debate format where 2 blowhards take opposing sides of a topic and say anything they think will piss people off.

Mike & Mike is honestly the only thing on ESPN I still find entertaining and real.

Mike & mike is over

Yes, Evidently it has come out that Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic have hated each other's guts for the last 15 years.
Nuance has been lost in the art of media now.

all that is left is people who scream their opinion and get it wrong about 50% of the time.

Doesn't matter; be loud and argumentative, that is all that TV producers want now.

Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:

Yes, if only we could have bikini clad girls doing sports center. Then we could kill two birds with one stone.

That would be dope.
How about this for a new ESPN game show.

Have 3 very pretty girls asked questions about sport and every time they get one wrong, they have to take off a piece of clothing.

That encapsulates all of the new media requirements and would be a ratings and advertising bonanza.
I remember having sleeping issues and always being stoked when Mike and Mike would come on at 3 am. As far back as to like 2006. loved that show. Then these past couple years it was like a fill in cohost(s) almost every other show. Ruined it for me and that must've been them having their issues and I knew they'd be ending soon.

Now I'm a loyal Dan LeBatard and Stugotz show listener. Hit that podcast every day. Show makes me laugh and it gives just enough sport news to keep me updated but they don't do the cliche sport news like every other show will do. All the espn shows say the same thing.
Any company that highlights Stephen A. Smith, and for a long time, Skip Bayless, as one of the central faces of their product, is in trouble.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:

That would be dope.

All nude, tastefully done.
Share 49ersWebzone