There are 158 users in the forums

John Clayton out at ESPN

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can barely remember ESPN before Clayton. They are seriously cleaning house over there.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 31, 2017 at 7:25 AM ]
I liked the guy , looks like I'm sticking with the NFL Network for updates and breaking news
this is why espn has become irrelevant.
Since Shaun Salisbury was let go Clayton really hasn't been much of a presence. Them two used to be classic tv. I barely see him on tv anymore and he rarely breaks any news anymore.
[ Edited by lamontb on May 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM ]
Not surprised. The new era of "news", no many for reporters, only bloggers that can post a lot of click based bait
He's a Seahawks homer, GTFO!
Yet another reason I say shame on them for the Chip Kelly deal.
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
ESPN is unwatchable unless all you want to hear about is LaVar Ball, Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James, Dallas Cowboys
John Clayton has a needlepoint business which he's done for years. Check out Amazon, probably makes a good income from it. I always thought he gave good information and was creditable with his inside info. ESPN is going beyond downsizing,
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
John Clayton has a needlepoint business which he's done for years. Check out Amazon, probably makes a good income from it. I always thought he gave good information and was creditable with his inside info. ESPN is going beyond downsizing,

He also has a radio show in Seattle. He's going to be alright.

Just another sorry Seahawk living piece of trash. I hope they all get fired and--nah, just kidding always liked John Clayon and wish him all the best. Maybe he will return to acting and reprise his role as Hermey in the island of misfit toys 2.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on May 31, 2017 at 11:55 AM ]
ESPN is going to lay off up to 100 staff. They are having some Financial issues, which surprises me when you are owned by Disney. But Disney is holding them accountable for thier stupid spending. You will find when it's all said and done that most who get laid off are long term guys who have been getting big pay checks. Some who are laid off will be Managers in on air TV or radio and consolidating some of them into one group under 1 manager. Most of the on air talent who will be let go are one sport guys like Clayton or Ed Werner. They want people who can cover multiple sports and not get paid big $$ to cover 1 sport.
Originally posted by JEXIT:
ESPN is unwatchable unless all you want to hear about is LaVar Ball, Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James, Dallas Cowboys

THIS X 4564064654065406504656544065046504
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I initially didn't understand how ESPN had to be so drastic with their reductions.... Then I realized, I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched ESPN unless it was "event related"... IE, when college football isn't playing, I don't watch. On top of that, I hate the SEC so I won't watch college games on ESPN if I can help it.
ESPN is dying. They haven't been able to keep up with the social media era, so their viewership is falling. They keep trying to survive on SportsCenter and that BS debate format where 2 blowhards take opposing sides of a topic and say anything they think will piss people off.

Mike & Mike is honestly the only thing on ESPN I still find entertaining and real.
Share 49ersWebzone